Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Connecting to remote Machines via CODE

More
14 Aug 2013 19:25 #1387 by arahming
I did some further analysis and this is what I found

Matrikon OPC Client can read the data from the OPC server
OPC Foundation sample client can read the tags and can create a subscription

if OPCDA.net is install on the same server is AXS4 than everything works. I have verified DCOM and my local security policy are correct

it seems that when I try to access a remote machine using anything from OPCLabs it does not work if anyone has worked with SISCO AXS4 in a remote computer scenario any help is appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2013 16:04 #1384 by support
Can you please send the inner exception as well.
What type of project is it (e.g. desktop app - WinForms, Windows service, Web service, or...?)

Thank you

More
13 Aug 2013 15:38 - 06 Mar 2015 07:20 #1381 by arahming
I am trying to use some simple code I copied from Softwaretoolbox.com to connect to a remote OPC server and check a tag. I have installed the same server on my local computer and it works on the but will not connect to any remote machines I have put the server on. I have tested the remote OPC servers with other OPC clients from the machine I am running this code on and they connect fine here is the code
try
{
//create the OPC Client object
OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient easyDAClient1 = new OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient();

//declare the object that will hold all the info for the tag being read
OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.DAVtq tag = new OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.DAVtq();

//read the tag
tag = easyDAClient1.ReadItem("SISCO2", "SISCO.AXS4ICCP.3", "IBDR1:LocalStatus~NumCfgLinks"); //System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(watchServer, @"[^\w\.@-],", ""), System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(watchtag, @"[^\w\.@-],", ""));

//check that we have a value
if (tag.Value != null)
{
//display the value, quality as a string and timestamp
MessageBox.Show(string.Format("Value: {0}, Quality: {1}, Timestamp: {2}", tag.Value.ToString(), tag.Quality.QualityChoiceBitField.ToString(), tag.Timestamp.ToString()));
 }
 }
catch (Exception ex)
{
                    MessageBox.Show("Error: " + ex.Message.ToString());
 }
}
the error is attached
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Mar 2015 07:20 by support. Reason: code formatting

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds