Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Upgrading from v2017 and dealing with breaking changes

More
04 Nov 2020 11:04 #9070 by support
Hello.

It is recommended to use the current version of license manager utility; but in reality, there were no significant changes, and therefore your older version will work as well.
Yes, you will receive a new license key (.bin file) if you upgrade the QuickOPC version.
When you are ready to upgrade, send an email to

sales09 (at) opclabs.com

(or use the Contact form on our Web), and we will send you a discount coupon code that you can use on the Web shop (the discount value is 50% of the current price of your existing product). With the discount code, you can then purchase your current edition (Professional), or any higher edition (opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...e.html#Product%20Editions.html ). You can also add 1/2/3/4/5 years of Upgrade Assurance, which will get you all future versions for that time period without further costs.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2020 10:38 #9069 by BAUMGARTNER
I have one more question regarding deployment.

I'll be ugrading to 2020.2. Does this mean i'll get a new licence *.bin file?
Should I be using the latest version of LMConsole as well for licence deployment?

More
04 Nov 2020 06:13 #9068 by support
Hello,
thank you for letting me know. No problem. I am glad that it works now.

Best regards

More
03 Nov 2020 17:14 #9067 by BAUMGARTNER
Hello and thank you for your help.

I still need to conduct quite a few integration tests but It seems like everything is fixed now.

I did find an error in my build pipeline though causing the wrong opclabs assemblies to be deployed by our installer.
We're using the Automated deployment method (described here : opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...%20Production%20installer.html) and our build pipeline was still building with the 2017 production installer, thus deploying the 2017 assemblies of OpcLabs

My dev env. was using the 2020.2 binaries because It had them installed by the SDK but my target 2004 env was using these old 2017 assemblies.

I also updated to the version you provided a link to (5.58.451.1) so it might be a little bit of both, but i'm more convinced it was the outdated assemblies.

My bad.

More
03 Nov 2020 15:06 #9066 by support
Hello,

please download the latest build (5.58.451.1 or later - check on the first Setup page) of QuickOPC 2020.2 from www.opclabs.com/products/quickopc/downloads , and test with that.

It is updated to newer BoxedApp SDK (2020.5), plus I have explicitly tested it with the OPC DA subscription example in Delphi on a new machine with Windows 10 version 2004, and it worked well for me.

Best regards

More
03 Nov 2020 08:45 #9065 by support
Hello,

we will be making a new build of version 2020.2, with updated BoxedApp SDK. I understand that you did the procedure to turn it off and it had not helped, but I can currently only see two possible causes for the problems - either the BoxedApp SDK, or some kind of a version mismatch between the imported TLBs and the actual code being invoked.

The new build should hopefully be available by tomorrow. I will let you know here.

Regards

More
02 Nov 2020 13:34 #9062 by BAUMGARTNER

is there something in Windows event logs at the time the application unexpectedly closes? Does it give any message or whatsoever, when it happens?

Yes i'm getting these errors.
i.postimg.cc/pTMVXRjR/opc-err-1.png
i.postimg.cc/cLKdRrMd/opc-err-2.png

One more thing to try please (I cannot verify the syntax right now, but hopefully it's OK): Please add the following somewhere at the beginning of your program (before any other OPC operations are done - even before the first EasyDAClient object is created).

I've done that now but i'm getting an access violation error on the Win10 2004 environement now (all is well on the 1909 env.).

More
02 Nov 2020 12:59 #9061 by support
Hello,
is there something in Windows event logs at the time the application unexpectedly closes? Does it give any message or whatsoever, when it happens?

One more thing to try please (I cannot verify the syntax right now, but hopefully it's OK): Please add the following somewhere at the beginning of your program (before any other OPC operations are done - even before the first EasyDAClient object is created).
var
  ClientConfiguration: OpcLabs_EasyOpcClassic_TLB._EasyDAClientConfiguration;
begin
  ClientConfiguration := CoEasyDAClientConfiguration.Create;
  ClientConfiguration.EnableNativeClient := False;
This is the most involved support we have.
Best regards

More
02 Nov 2020 09:59 #9053 by BAUMGARTNER

are you absolutely sure that you have done the [AppName].exe.config thing right, for your background service? If there are more related programs, the file name should correspond to the executable that actually loads the QuickOPC components into its process. And, what about the file permissions - does the service have access rights to read this config file?

Because of these uncertainties I made a new VCL (winform type) application with the code provided in my previous post. It doesn't work. Yes, i've made a dedicated *.exe.config for this new application, right next to the exe file.

Also please note that there are at least three, slightly different versions of the necessary settings

I'm using a trial version of 2020.2. I tried both version of the config file (disabling VC140 and VC142). None of them made the situation better.

I don't know what to do anymore. Any chance we could have a more involved support session? I'm now very very close to my release deadline.

Thank you for all your help so far.

More
31 Oct 2020 09:29 #9050 by support
Also please note that there are at least three, slightly different versions of the necessary settings (kb.opclabs.com/How_to_disable_prerequisites_boxing ), and be careful about choosing the one that applies to the QuickOPC version that is actually in use. If you are unsure about anything in this respect, let me know and I will try to help.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds