Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

VB6 application setting EnsureDataIntegrity = true

More
18 Sep 2024 08:09 #13172 by support
Hello.

You wrote "When run in correct network I get mentioned Error: Access is denied. ".
No, this was not mentioned. Your report was about a different error message. Please clarify.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2024 07:05 #13171 by Nowok
I prepared simplest project that replicates the error. If I run the app outside the network with OPC server I get "RPC server is unavailable" in ServerDA.ReadItem. It is fine.

When run in correct network I get mentioned Error: Access is denied. Matrikon Explorer is able to connect/browse/display data on given OPC DA server.

VB6 project in the attachement.
Attachments:

More
16 Sep 2024 14:02 #13170 by support
Hello.
This is weird, because this particular error should be treated as internal warning only, and never be returned from the actual operations.

Do you have a simple reproducible scenario (project) to try out here?

Best regards

More
16 Sep 2024 09:44 #13169 by Nowok
In VB6 application I try to connect remote DA OPC server. In .NET application I'm setting ComManagement.Instance.Configuration.SecurityParameters.EnsureDataIntegrity = true; and calling ComManagement.Instance.AssureSecurityInitialization();, so there is no problem with server connection.

In VB6 app I'm getting following error when trying to read a tag value:

+ COM security initialization exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80010119): CoInitializeSecurity failure (0x80010119): Security must be initialized before any interfaces are marshalled or unmarshalled. It cannot be changed once initialized.
+ This error (RPC_E_TOO_LATE) is not uncommon in hosted .NET applications. Depending on various factors, it might be possible to prevent it, or safely ignore it (if COM works as intended). Consult the product documentation.
+ Current thread name: "OpcLabs.Lazy2.Kick < [1] ", from thread pool: no, managed thread Id: 5, apartment state: MTA.
+ The machine name was 'TL-SIL-W2KS01'. The server class used was 'OPC.SimaticNET'.
+ Execution details: HasNativeClient=False, HasNetApiClient=True.
+ The client method called (or event/callback invoked) was 'ReadMultipleItems[1]'.

Is there any equivalent of setting EnsureDataIntegrity = true for Visual Basic 6 application?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds