Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Questions on License Term

More
27 Oct 2012 15:13 #1066 by support
Hello,
Thank you for interest in our products.

Note that our components do not support OPC Historical Data Access currently.

Ad 1. The license types are explained here: www.opclabs.com/Products/QuickOPCProductFamily/QuickOPCLicensing.aspx . For what you describe, choose between "Single Developer + Runtime Free License", or "ISV/OEM License".

Ad 2. Current version is 5.12. When you purchase a license currently, it is labeled "5.1", meaning that it covers all versions numbered 5.1x, such as 5.10, 5.11, 5.12, and if we release them, also the future 5.13 etc., without a need for a new license or additional payment. If we add major features, we will switch the numbering to "5.2x", and in such case your "5.1" license will not work. There are 3 options in this case:

a) If this happens during 60 days of your purchase, we provide everybody who has bought in past 60 days with a new license, for free.
b) If you choose the option "1 Year Maintenance", you get licenses for new versions for free for 1 full year (can be prolonged).
c) You can purchase version upgrade - from any version to newest version it is 50% of the price of the new license.

Ad 3. We provide support to all customers using our Online Forums: www.opclabs.com/Support/OnlineForums.aspx . Customer who has bought the "Maintenance" get guaranteed support, using the same channel.

Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik, OPC Labs

Original Message
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 8:59 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: Questions on License Term

Hi,

I am in the process of deciding on what 3rd party API to use to connect to the OPC servers. I like your product but I have some questions about using them on the servers in case I intend to use them for commercial purposes to collect the data off OPC - DA, OPC - AE and OPC - Historian servers.

1. In case I deploy these libraries on the servers for collecting the data off them, can I use the same license on the different servers or do I have to make separate license purchases for each server (for now there will be just one developer - that's me, who will be developing the application).
2. In case there is another version that comes out for this API, will I get a free update or will I have to purchase the new version or will there be some incremental fee that I'd have to pay to get the newer version.
3. What support infrastructure do you offer with the product.

Please let me know.

Thanks
A.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds