Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Multi instance of Client (UA) causing hangs state

More
20 Jul 2023 15:28 #11940 by support
Thank you.
I think I was able to reproduce the problem. Thank you for reporting it!

We have made a fix. Please download & rebuild with the newest version - 5.71.294 (or later), currently on our Web site and on www.nuget.org .

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2023 13:23 #11939 by chandresekaran
Same OPC Server, I have only one local KepwarEx server running.

More
20 Jul 2023 11:59 #11936 by support
Thank you.

One more question please - are the loop iterations connecting all to the same OPC server, or to a different server in each iteration?

Best regards

More
19 Jul 2023 16:01 #11933 by chandresekaran
It is a single thread that goes on a loop, our use case or implementation might be different.

More
19 Jul 2023 10:49 #11932 by support
Hello,

I have a question: Do you create separate threads, or is it just a single thread that goes in the loop?

Also, for completeness in tracking, I am copying here the part of your initial email, because that seems to be a bit more detailed than the forum post:

...I’m testing with multiple instances of client/session, and encountering an issue. We need your support to proceed to evaluate the SDK further, Please read below.

I have written a code that has a loop to create 10 clients/sessions, and each client subscribes for a data event of a separate tag, the first iteration worked fine to subscribe but when the second iteration goes to subscribe function, it goes hangs up and it not even responding an exception nor error code. Earlier this week, I worked on the code from your examples and created a single client that subscribes to multiple tags (I have tried 100 tags) which worked. ...

Best regards

More
18 Jul 2023 21:01 #11927 by chandresekaran
In my application, I create multiple instances of OPC Client and programming to subscribe data change events for different data tags, SubscribeValueChange function causes hangs state, and the function doesn't return any exception nor error code.

If I use one single client instance to subscribe to multiple data tags, it works, but we have a use case to try with multiple instances of clients.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds