Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

XML-DA. Disable advanced polled refresh

More
31 Mar 2020 08:10 #8335 by support
QuickOPC 2020.2 will have an option to switch to basic polled refresh approach. See kb.opclabs.com/What%27s_new_in_QuickOPC_2020.2 for more information.

Expected release date is 1-3 weeks.

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andriy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2020 14:17 #8289 by support
I will discuss the proposed workaround with the developer and if possible, put it into the upcoming versions (2020.2).
Good news are that we are finalizing one large (unrelated) functionality area, so there in fact might be 2020.2 release in matter of weeks (this is not a promise, though).

Regards

More
11 Mar 2020 09:53 #8283 by Andriy
Hello,
Nordex OPC XML-DA server
Unfortunately, this functionality can not be easily adjusted on the server side
Regards

More
10 Mar 2020 12:43 #8280 by support
Who has developed the server and what protocol/software is it for?
Why don't you ask them to fix it?

If an attribute in a request is optional, it means that the send may or may not include it. It also means that the server must be ready to handle both situations, unless the specification allows for different behavior on server side. Everything the the specification describes is mandatory for the server unless specified optional. Otherwsie, the specification would be useless.

We do not do specific implementation work for pay.

Regards

More
10 Mar 2020 10:11 #8278 by Andriy
Hello
I don't quite agree with you. According to the description of SubscriptionPolledRefresh request, the attribute "HoldTime" is optional. It means that opc client must implement basic polled refresh approach with delaying on the client side.

Anyway, how much can it cost to speedup implementation?

Regards
Attachments:

More
07 Mar 2020 01:35 #8273 by support
Who has developed the server and what protocol/software is it for?

I am hesitant to do extra work on an obsoleted protocol for free just to fix a problem that should really be fixed on the server side. If we decide to do it - which is not sure - it will have to go to next version, not to the existing one. There is no date scheduled for the next version yet.

And it needs to be thought through. It cannot be in instance parameters because multiple instances (if they have Isolated = false) share the same subscriptions. It would have to be in EasyDAAdaptableParameters.

Regards

More
06 Mar 2020 17:45 #8271 by Andriy
Hello,

It can a patch that allows me to configure opc client instance parameter "PolledRefreshDelay" in msec.
It should delay next SubScriptionPolledRefresh call for active group.
PolledRefreshDelay = 0  - we have a regular behavior (default value)
PolledRefreshDelay = "opc group update rate" - should fix my problem
PolledRefreshDelay should be an instance parameter
Can you do it in this way?

Regards

More
06 Mar 2020 16:56 #8270 by Andriy
Hello,
I have a problem. The OPC XML DA server is not supporting sophisticated polling approach and looks like will never do.
What is needed to implement waiting approach on the client side rather than delegate it to the server?
Maybe you know a trick how to delay SubscriptionPolledRefresh call.
I need the solution ASAP

Regards

More
26 Feb 2020 13:32 #8250 by support
This cannot be changed in QuickOPC.
AFAIK, all OPC XML-DA servers must support it.

More
26 Feb 2020 11:12 #8249 by Andriy
Hello,

I figure out that opc library is using sophisticated polling approach passing "Holdtime" and "Waittime" parameters in SubscriptionPolledRefresh call.

I hove a trouble with one of OPC XML-DA server that does not perform a delayed poll and sends an answer immediately.
Can I disable this behavior and delegates the waiting to the client side instead?

Regards
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds