Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Quick opc UA in.net

More
18 Nov 2022 07:09 #11207 by support
Replied by support on topic Quick opc UA in.net
Hello,
thank you for your interest in our products.

Yes, QuickOPC supports .NET 6 and C#, and can be used from WPF applications.

Whether or not you need a (PC-based) OPC server in between your PLC and the client application depends on the kind of PLC you have. You have not stated which PLC you will be using.

Some PLCs have integrated OPC UA server. In such case, you can use QuickOPC to directly connect to them, and there is no need for KepServerEX or any additional other OPC server.

In order to connect to PLCs that do not have an integrated OPC (UA) Server from any OPC application (including QuickOPC-based apps), you always need an additional, usually PC-based OPC server.

I hope this answers your questions.
Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2022 03:48 #11206 by vipul
Quick opc UA in.net was created by vipul
We connect a kepware server (UA) and make a client application in visual studio .Net 6.0 (WPF C#). So it is compulsory to install a quick opc ???? With out install a Quick opc is it possible to connect it with visual studio .Net 6.0 (WPF C#). ???? Because a Kepware stop the development a client it is only a develop a kepware server(OPC SERVER) and Quick opc and opc dataclient and many other company develop a client. I think so procedure is so lengthy to communication a PLC.......
Example :-

PLC
KEP SERVER EX
Quick OPC(Connectivity Explorer)
Visual Studio (SCADA /HMI)(Clicent Application)....

I think so it is a long processs to communication a kepware server to Visual Studio (SCADA /HMI)(Clicent Application)....

So this is possible to bypass a kepware server and i can directly connect a PLC to -Quick OPC(Connectivity Explorer) ??????

PLC
Quick OPC(Connectivity Explorer)
Visual Studio (SCADA /HMI)(Clicent Application)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds