Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPCDA Memory Leak

More
01 Nov 2023 13:14 #12330 by support
Replied by support on topic OPCDA Memory Leak
Hello.
Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue with what you have provided.

The application ran for 28+ hours. I can see in the log windows that it is collecting data. There is no sign of unbounded memory growth. In fact, after roughly 24 hours, some reduction in working set and private bytes can be seen.

Best regards
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2023 14:35 #12326 by spicerno
Replied by spicerno on topic OPCDA Memory Leak
Good afternoon,

in order to run the application you need to install Matrikon simulation server and import the list of signals (aliases on Matrikon) using the .csv we sent you on the forum.
Inside the solution there is a .xml file in the Config folder which is used to tell the application where, what and how read signals.
It is configured to work with the simulation server and the provided list of signals, no changes are required here.

Talking about the code, the only interesting part is OPCAutomationInputStream while the JSON you have seen is only for diagnostic, you can ignore it.

Best Regards.

More
29 Oct 2023 11:54 #12325 by support
Hello,

I have later received a new file. This time it contains a Visual Studio solution, and I was able to rebuild it.
It is not, however; a minimal, or even small reproducible scenario I asked for. It is a larger solution and it is not apparent what to do with.

Please provide instructions on how to reproduce the problem. Currently I can build and run "OPC.App", which results in a Web page with JSON output. I have no idea of what the program is doing and/or how to configure it, you need to explain that.

Regards

More
26 Oct 2023 16:06 #12324 by support
Hello.

I received your "project" vie link in email.
I think you misunderstood.

What you have sent is mainly a bunch of DLLs, and an executable.

What I need is a source code of a small app that shows the problem in a reproducible way.

Regards

More
26 Oct 2023 14:11 #12321 by support
Hello.

The preferred way is that you Clean and ZIP the project, and attach it here on the forums.
Alternatively, you can email to support09 (at) opclabs.com.

Best regards

More
26 Oct 2023 12:38 #12320 by spicerno
hello,

can you provide me an e-mail to send it to?

Thank you

More
25 Oct 2023 16:47 #12315 by support
I see.

This is actually probably a problem different from the memory leak (I suspect it is an unhandled error coming from the client side), but let's deal with it first.
Please send me the project to reproduce this.

Best regards

More
25 Oct 2023 15:17 #12314 by spicerno
Hello,

Sorry, it's my fault, you asked me this "Let the application run for at least 72 hours, and show the graphs then."
This is impossible as the application under stress crashes earlier.

More
25 Oct 2023 14:25 #12313 by support
Hello,
pardon my English, but I do not understand this - please explain: "we cannot get high time windows this way".

Best regards

More
25 Oct 2023 13:56 #12312 by spicerno
Bye,

We did some tests under stress: we cannot get high time windows this way.
By subscribing many signals (1100) at a very high rate (1 sec) the application crashes reporting a 'System.OutOfMemoryException'.
The test was done from a development VM reading from MatrikonSimulationServer (Attaching the csv to import the signals:

File Attachment:

File Name: MatrikonExport.csv
File Size:52 KB
).
By tracking the exception we can see the StackTrace that leads to External Code, specifically: OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassic.dll

Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds