Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Our .Net program crashes when the customer tries to browse for OPC servers or i

More
25 Aug 2020 12:26 #8789 by admin
Thank you too!

BTW, the upcoming QuickOPC 2020.3 will have a newer BoxedApp SDK and won't require this config change. In fact, recent builds of QuickOPC 2020.2 have it too, but I do not recommend you to upgrade to 2020.2, for other reasons.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2020 15:06 #8785 by micham
Hi,

I am glad to inform you that the config file solved the problem.

Thank you for your excellent support!!!

Regards,

Michael

More
21 Aug 2020 10:58 #8782 by micham
Hi,

Still waiting for the customer's answer.

Regards,

Michael

More
21 Aug 2020 08:48 #8781 by support
Hello,

may I ask if you already know what the outcome was?

Thank you

More
17 Aug 2020 07:02 #8773 by support
No, it is not correct. I saw your later post, and so I hope you have it correct by now, but for record, below is the correct content, and I am also attaching the file with its correct name.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
    <configSections>
        <sectionGroup name="applicationSettings" type="System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsGroup, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
            <section name="UCMECFG.My.MySettings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" requirePermission="false"/>
        </sectionGroup>
    </configSections>
    <startup>
        <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.7"/>
    </startup>
    <applicationSettings>
        <UCMECFG.My.MySettings>
            <setting name="Setting" serializeAs="String">
                <value/>
            </setting>
        </UCMECFG.My.MySettings>
    </applicationSettings>
  <appSettings>
    <add key="OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Implementation.Native.Assemblies.EnableVC140RedistBoxer" value="false"/>
    <add key="OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Internal.OpcPSBoxing.EnableOpcCorePSBoxer" value="false"/>
    <add key="OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Toolkit.ClientServer.UAClientEngineBase.EnableUACertificateGeneratorBoxer" value="false"/>
  </appSettings>
</configuration>

File Attachment:

File Name: UCMECFG.EXE.config
File Size:1 KB

Regards
Attachments:

More
17 Aug 2020 06:48 #8772 by micham
I have found the correct format and send the file to the customer.

I will let you know the results.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael

More
17 Aug 2020 06:29 #8771 by micham
Hi,
Thank you for your answer. Is this file content is OK?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<appSettings>
<add key="OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Implementation.Native.Assemblies.EnableVC140RedistBoxer" value="false"/>
<add key="OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Internal.OpcPSBoxing.EnableOpcCorePSBoxer" value="false"/>
<add key="OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Toolkit.ClientServer.UAClientEngineBase.EnableUACertificateGeneratorBoxer" value="false"/>
</appSettings>
</configuration>

Thank you.

Michael

More
17 Aug 2020 06:19 - 17 Aug 2020 06:20 #8770 by support
Hi.

No, this is not correct. This time, the file name is correct but the contents is just "our" snippet; on itself, it does not conform to .config file schema for .NET apps.
The App.config file you attached earlier (and is is still available further below in this thread) had correct content. You just need to rename it properly.

Best regards
Last edit: 17 Aug 2020 06:20 by support.

More
17 Aug 2020 06:08 #8769 by micham
Hi,
Thank you for your answer and sorry for misunderstanding...

See the attached file. Please confirm that it is OK.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael

File Attachment:

File Name: UCMECFG.EXE.config
File Size:0 KB
Attachments:

More
16 Aug 2020 19:58 #8766 by support
Hello, here is what I have found:

In the end, I have determined that the issue is not related to the OPC Server software at all. It can be reproduced just with your software alone, and Windows 10 version 2004. I have it reproduced on 2 such computers, one with Wonderware Intouch and the other without it.

And, in my tests, I have determined that, in line what I have originally suspected, the issue appears to be in an incompatibility between the BoxedApp SDK version and the Windows 10 version. In both of my tests, I was able to rectify the issue by using the configuration file I suggested. I have also made tests with my own application, and with increasing version/build numbers, I have found that the problem no longer appears with QuickOPC 2020.2 Build 257.1, which is precisely when a newer BoxedApp SDK has been put into the product, as mentioned here: kb.opclabs.com/What%27s_new_in_QuickOPC_2020.2 .

I know that you claimed that using the configuration file to disable the prerequisites boxing did not help. But, I have doubts that you have done it right - sorry. On the deployed system, the file needs to be named UCMECFG.EXE.config (*not* App.config - that is just a name that Visual Studio uses), and placed alongside UCMECFG.EXE (on my test computer, that was in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Control-See\UCME-OPC\BIN"). So, in order to use your file (as posted on this forum earlier), I had to rename it. But, I kept its contents without change - and it worked. And of course, the file needs to be in place at the time the application starts - later changes may not be picked up.

I suggest that you verify once again carefully that the file is properly named and contains the right data.

And, a true fix (not just workaround) would be to update your app to QuickOPC 20202. Build 257.1 or later.

Best regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds