Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Subscription mode. Catastrophic failure error

More
01 Nov 2019 07:03 #7905 by support
Hello,
I have some additional questions.

1. I assume you are referring to a contents of the Exception property of the event arguments object you receive - please confirm.

2. Can you please provide the contents of the Source and StackTrace properties of the exception object.

3. If there is a non-null InnerException (probably not), please provide details about it as well.

4. Are you doing/trying to do something "special" in order to reconnect, or you rely on built-in QuickOPC ability (which should normally work by itself, I agree)?

5. Can you please describe precisely the sequence of of events. For example, you subscribe, you get data successfuly, then at some random moment (related to server crash?), you receive the "Catastrophic failure" in the Exception property of the event arguments. What happens then (for the same OPC item)? Do more errors come - the same ones, or do you ever get a different error? Or do you receive a single "Catastrophic failure" error, and from that moment on, nothing else for the same item?

6. Which target OPC server are you connecting to? Is it local or remote?

7. You wrote "my application after that cannot reconnect to the OPC server when it is up and running". Please confirm that this referred to the already running instance of your application. And, after the server crashed and is running again, can other OPC clients connect to it, and can a 2nd, newly started instance of your application connect to it?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2019 16:47 #7901 by Andriy
Hello,

I receive a lot of "Catastrophic failure" errors on ItemChanged event handler.
I don't know what it means and how I can handle it.
Can you provide information about this error: when it is risen and how I can fix it.
I don't know if it's connected or not, but I get this error when the OPC DA server periodically crashes.
What is worse, my application after that cannot reconnect to the OPC server when it is up and running

QuickOpc version=5.54.1115

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Recommend this on Google