Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Create node/tag possible?

More
23 Apr 2018 19:41 #6260 by support
Replied by support on topic Create node/tag possible?
UA is very flexible. In some use cases the AddNodes might be a solution; what I have met so far, it was not common.

I do not know that about Matrikon server, sorry. I think that KepServerEx (which also has simulation) has auto-create for OPC DA, and I suppose it will work the same way for OPC UA too, because their OPC UA support is just a projection of the OPC DA tags.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2018 17:42 #6259 by carlberg
Replied by carlberg on topic Create node/tag possible?
Thanks for replying.
Okay, that make sense. I will have a look at the AddNodes service.

So, basically “today” the user has to create the nodes manually then, similar to OPC DA, even if they are using OPC UA?

I am currently running the Matrikon OPC (Trial) Server with simulator, do you know if this supports auto-create? or do you know of any other server that does support it?

Best Regards
-Anders

More
23 Apr 2018 17:34 #6257 by support
Replied by support on topic Create node/tag possible?
Hello,
thank you for your interest in our products.

In OPC UA, adding nodes is in principle possible using the AddNodes service. QuickOPC does not support it, however.

But even if it did, very few OPC UA servers, if any, have support it on their side.

Some servers may accept "any" node and auto-create it when an unknwon node ID is received form the client. QuickOPC would work well with such server.

Best regards

More
23 Apr 2018 16:58 #6256 by carlberg
Hi,

Just started using the Easyuaclient and reading, writing and subscribing works well.
But it should also be possible to create nodes using the sdk, right?
Cant find any example showing creation/adding or delete/removal of nodes/tags.

I have also tested just writing to a node that don’t exist, hoping it would automatically be created,
but that just gives some internal error.
ex. OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.UAServiceException: OPC-UA service result - An error specific to OPC-UA service occurred
or that the status BadNodeIdUnknown.

Here is some code.
string uaServer = "opc.tcp://server:21381/MatrikonOpcUaWrapper";
EasyUAClient client = new EasyUAClient();
UANodeId node = new UANodeId("nsu=opc.com://localhost/Matrikon.OPC.Simulation/f8582cf2-88fb-11d0-b850-00c0f0104305/DA2.XX;ns=2;s=0:.test");
// or UANodeId node = new UANodeId("ns=2;s=0:.test");
var result = client.Read(uaServer, node); // gives BadNodeIdUnknown
client.WriteValue(uaServer, node, "testing", typeof(string)); // throws exception

any advice?
(it all works if I manually create the node first).

Cheers
-Anders

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds