Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Opc Ua ExtensionObject

More
17 Feb 2018 13:16 #6057 by hcvoort
Replied by hcvoort on topic Opc Ua ExtensionObject
Thank you for informing me! I will download and test it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2018 07:22 #6041 by support
Replied by support on topic Opc Ua ExtensionObject
QuickOPC version 2018.1 (released today) has support for OPC UA Complex Data, and it can decode and encode the extension objects automatically.

More information:
Best regards

More
23 Dec 2016 20:22 #4716 by support
Thank you for update.

More
23 Dec 2016 15:16 #4715 by hcvoort
I tried to write an ExtensionObject, and this appears to be possible! What I did is reading an ExtensionObject with the desired structure of the Node to write. Then I changed the bytes in the "Body" property and wrote it to the desired Node.

Next to that I will try to construct such an ExtensionObject from scratch in C# and send it. I'll keep you posted.

BR,

Carsten Voort

More
23 Dec 2016 07:37 #4714 by hcvoort
You did understand my question correctly. I will try it and let you know if this works out.

BR,

Carsten Voort

More
23 Dec 2016 05:38 #4713 by support
I am not sure if I understand your question. Do you have a need to Write the same or similar structures to the OPC server, so are you planning to construct Opc.Ua.ExtensionObject-s for that?

If so, and you then pass the extension object(s) to QuickOPC EasyUAClient.WriteXXXX method, things *may* work but we have never tested that. If you run into issues, let me know.

More
22 Dec 2016 21:32 #4710 by hcvoort
I downloaded the latest installer, because I was using 5.40 which does not include the assemblies. Now I am able to use the ExtensionObject!

I assume I can also use the Opc.Ua.Core to write to the opc structures?

More
22 Dec 2016 19:30 #4709 by support
It is actually alongside other assemblies (Assemblies\net452), but only if "Embedded Assemblies" is selected during install. If you use the one that we ship, it will be the right matching version.

You may also be interested in knowing that you actually need these assemblies only during build time, and not in run time. Copies of them are inside OpcLabs.EasyOpcUA assembly and will be used during run-time automatically, if not found on disk.

More
22 Dec 2016 18:04 #4708 by hcvoort
ps. In which folder should I find the Opc.Ua.Core library in case I want to use it?

More
22 Dec 2016 17:57 #4707 by hcvoort
This is what I was looking for. Yesterday I already tried to typecast with Opc.Ua.ExtensionObject from the Opc.Ua Stack from github.com/OPCFoundation/UA-.NET, but the build type is older then the one used in Quick OPC. I didn't know that you provided the stack as well.

What I did, on your advice, is using reflection. I figured out that I needed runtime reflection, so TypeDescriptor.GetProperties() from the System.ComponentModel. Indeed I can find the "Body" property now.
Thanks for now!

BR,

Carsten

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds