Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Live Binding Global Changes

More
28 Dec 2018 07:05 #6942 by support
Replied by support on topic Live Binding Global Changes
Hello.

There is an envisioned way to do this properly - with "aliases" in the endpoint descriptors. However this is not yet available, it's on waiting list for quite a time already, unfortunately.

The options at hand are not very nice.

If this is a one-time change during development, the customer is advised to simply used textual Find-and-replace (can be applied to the source file generated in background for the form with Live Binding).

In theory it might be possible to do it also programatically in runtime, but that would be against the design principle of the Live Binding (the proper solution would be with the aliases :-( ). I am therefore hesitant to provide that advise unless absolutely necessary. It will probably result in an ugly code, and I will have to sit down and actually do it, in order to be able to provide any guidance. Let me know if it needed nevertheless. I am leaving for 3 days now and my options will be limited, though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2018 22:24 #6941 by gkalipershad
Hello,

I have been working with a customer who is working on a project, which includes 50 controls with Live Bindings. He has a need to change the endpoint descriptor on all of them. I was asked if there was a way to do this globally on all 50 controls, rather than doing them individually.

If there is a property that he can set programmatically to override what is configured in the Live Binding Properties, could you please point us in the right direction? I was not able to find what I needed in the User's Guide, but I could have missed something.

Thanks,
GK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds