Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Runtime licenses

More
08 Mar 2018 13:35 #6124 by dani.hartman@metronik.si
Thank you.

I saw these topics but I just needed to make sure that I won't have to buy additional licenses for computers where the code will be deployed.

Best regards,

Dani

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2018 13:27 #6122 by dani.hartman@metronik.si
Thank you for a quick response.

So, if I understand it right - I need to install the same license on all computers where the code will be deployed?

Best regards,

More
08 Mar 2018 13:20 #6121 by support
Replied by support on topic Runtime licenses
Hello,
first, a slight correction: You wrote

... Quick OPC Professional Single Developer + Runtime Free License and I can develop software only on one computer but deploy to any number of computers.

Actually, the developer (a person) can also develop on multiple computers. It's just that if you have two or more persons in a developer role, then they need more licenses or a different type of license.

It does not matter whether the code is compiled or interpreted. Creating or modifying VBA code is obviously a development, and not runtime. The license restrictions are not technically enforced in this respect, but it is your *legal* obligation to follow the license terms.

Yes, the QuickOPC license needs to be installed on any computer where QuickOPC runs - so if you will be using it from VBA, it will be needed on the computers where the VBA code runs. This again is actually independent of whether the code was compiled or interpreted: The license used on the development computer does not get embedded into the compiled programs either.

Best regards

More
08 Mar 2018 12:41 #6120 by dani.hartman@metronik.si
Hello.

As I understand your licensing policy, I only need to buy a Quick OPC Professional Single Developer + Runtime Free License and I can develop software only on one computer but deploy to any number of computers.
How does this work if I use OPC connections in VBA code, which is not compiled into a program and can be changed on any computer? And what does Runtime free license mean - do I have to install any licence on computers where my VBA code is deployed and is using OPC connection with your libraries?

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Danijel

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds