Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Exception when running UA code from QuickOpcCSharpExamples

More
04 Oct 2017 18:17 #5574 by WordsLikeJared
Thanks for the quick reply!

When I open Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall it says "these settings are being managed by vendor application Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools Firewall". So I probably am.

I tried using the opc:tcp:// protocol and then it worked.

Thank you so much!! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2017 12:59 #5573 by support
Are you behind some kind of firewall that might be inspecting/modifying the HTTP traffic?

Can you try using the protocol/endpoint mentioned in the comment, i.e.

opc.tcp://opcua.demo-this.com:51210/UA/SampleServer

instead?

Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: WordsLikeJared

More
04 Oct 2017 12:51 #5572 by WordsLikeJared
I am trying to run this code from QuickOpcCSharpExamples:
// Instantiate the client object
var easyUAClient = new EasyUAClient();

// Obtain nodes under "Server" node
UANodeElementCollection nodeElementCollection = easyUAClient.BrowseNodes(
    "http://opcua.demo-this.com:51211/UA/SampleServer", // or "opc.tcp://opcua.demo-this.com:51210/UA/SampleServer"
    UAObjectIds.Server,
    new UABrowseParameters(UANodeClass.All, new [] { UAReferenceTypeIds.References } ));

I am getting the following exceptions:

Exception thrown: 'System.ServiceModel.FaultException' in System.ServiceModel.dll

Additional information: The message could not be processed. This is most likely because the action 'opcfoundation.org/UA/2008/02/Services.wsdl/InvokeService' is incorrect or because the message contains an invalid or expired security context token or because there is a mismatch between bindings. The security context token would be invalid if the service aborted the channel due to inactivity. To prevent the service from aborting idle sessions prematurely increase the Receive timeout on the service endpoint's binding.

Exception thrown: 'OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.OperationModel.UAException' in OpcLabs.EasyOpcUA.dll

Additional information: An OPC-UA operation failure with error code -1 (0xFFFFFFFF) occurred, originating from ''. The inner exception, of type 'OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Engine.UAClientEngineException', contains details about the problem.

Timeout connecting the OPC-UA client session. The total timeout value was 60000 milliseconds, and we have waited for 60000 milliseconds. The actual waiting time is lower than the total timeout (or even zero) if the connection operation has already started earlier.

(I seem to be getting similar exceptions for other UA samples in UADocExamples other than _EasyUAClient.BrowseNodes.Main.)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds