Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

BadRequestTimeout when calling DiscoverServer multiple times

More
14 Jul 2017 15:47 - 14 Jul 2017 15:47 #5359 by support
When you issue multiple requests to the (discovery) server, it is possible that they then take longer to process, and cause the timeout.

You should rather make the DiscoverServers just once and then pass the outcome wherever it's needed.
Last edit: 14 Jul 2017 15:47 by support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2017 15:17 - 14 Jul 2017 15:18 #5358 by Captain_Dash
1. Yes, I call this on each class and then i do the mapping. The mappings are on different nodes.
I need the DiscoverUriString for the mapping.

2. I have multiple instances of the same class which are connecting in this case to the same server on a single computer.

The mapping will not be performed in this case, because the discoverServer went wrong before.
Last edit: 14 Jul 2017 15:18 by Captain_Dash.

More
14 Jul 2017 15:10 #5357 by support
Can you please clarify this a bit.

1. Are you saying that on each class, you call DiscoverServers, and then do the mapping? Why do you need to call DiscoverServers?

2. Do multiple classes map to server(s) on a single computer?

Thank you

More
14 Jul 2017 14:18 #5356 by Captain_Dash
Hello,

I have multiple instances of a class, which contains and EasyUAClient as member. I want to connect this instances to the server, create the mapping and modify values if needed. I want all instances to do this in parallel and got the problem when i am calling the DiscoverServers method i will receive a UAException

"An OPC-UA operation failure with error code -2138767360 (0x80850000) occurred, originating from ''. The inner OPC-UA service exception with service result 'BadRequestTimeout' contains details about the problem."

which contains a UAServiceException

"BadRequestTimeout
+ Discovery URL: "opc.tcp://serverName:4840/UADiscovery""

Why is this happening?

As a workaround i set a lock around the discoverServer methods call in this class. But if a new class will be added which needs to call this method, too, the problem will occur again.

Best regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds