Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

UaHostAndEndpointDialog do not appear

More
13 Jul 2017 08:24 #5348 by support
Hello.

I have tried to reproduce it, but so far with no success.
In order to get us to the same starting line, can you please download the latest build of QuickOPC (from www.opclabs.com/products/quickopc/downloads , it should be 5.41.1274.1 or later), reinstall it, rebuild your projects with the new assemblies, and retest?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2017 08:29 - 12 Jul 2017 07:32 #5342 by Laci
1. QuickOPC UA DLL verion : 5.41.524.1
2. VS 2015
3. VB.NET
4. Only drag and drop the EasyUAClient and the UaHostAndEndpointDialog
Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
        If UaHostAndEndpointDialog1.ShowDialog = DialogResult.OK Then
            TextBox5.Text = UaHostAndEndpointDialog1.EndpointDescriptor.UrlString
        End If
    End Sub
When I push the Button2 the SW freez. If I debug, the SW flow stop in the .ShowDialog freez. Sometimes the complete development environet freez.

I tried it on differetn machines, worked same.
So every time If i start from a balnk project is work fine. But is I try to modify an older project it will not work.
I made a test. My old Project not worked. I made a new one, copy everithing from the old to the new, it is working.
Last edit: 12 Jul 2017 07:32 by support.

More
11 Jul 2017 08:09 #5341 by support
Hello. This is difficult to troubleshoot without having a way to reproduce it here. Can you please answer following questions:
  1. Which version of QuickOPC are you using?
  2. Which version of Visual Studio are you using?
  3. Which programming language?
  4. How do you add the dialog to the project? Just by instantiating the UAHostAndEndpointDialog from the code? Or do you drag the dialog from the Toolbox to the form?
  5. At which point the dialog "does not appear"? Are you referring to a ShowDialog() method call, or a different moment?

Thank you

More
10 Jul 2017 13:29 #5337 by Laci
When I create a new program, add everything what is need to UA, the UaHostAndEndpointDialog appear correctly.

But when I try to add UA to and older project (still dotNet 4.5.2) I do everything same like before, the dialog box will not appera and the program frozen.
After some try, the Visual Studio also freez.

What can be the problem?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds