Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Getting URL for PLC Tag from UABrowseControl

More
31 May 2017 08:19 #5185 by AdamBOD
Ok, Thanks very much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2017 05:30 #5184 by support
I suppose that you mean the UArowseDialog class (opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...s.Browsing.UABrowseDialog.html ) because we have no UABrowse class in our product.

In that case, the information you are looking for is in the properties of the dialog instance, under .InputsOutputs.CurrentNodeDescriptor.NodeDescriptor.NodeId.ExpandedText.

If you want to pass the information retrieved from the browsing methods to further QuickOPC calls, it is, however, recommended that you use the whole UANodeDescriptor object. That is, take just .InputsOutputs.CurrentNodeDescriptor.NodeDescriptor, and pass that to one of the Read methods. There are several reasons for that:

1) It is faster - the code does not have to format the string and then parse it back.
2) It is actually shorter code.
3) The UANodeDescriptor may contain additional information beside the Node ID, such as the rowse path - and that can be used by the component in some method calls to behave better.
4) In theory it would allow us to add more information to UANodeDescriptor without having to change the existing user code.

Best regards

More
30 May 2017 13:03 #5183 by AdamBOD
What I would like is upon clicking a tag under the UABrowser that I could for example print the full URL/Namespace of that Tag so that I can then read it's value

More
30 May 2017 12:08 #5182 by support
Hello, thank you for your interest in our products.

Unfortunately, your question is not clear to me. What steps you have done and at which point you have the difficulty? Which URL you are referring to - the URL of the server (endpoint), or the node ID (which isn't really a URL, it just contains the namespace URI but has other parts too).

Thank you

More
30 May 2017 10:20 #5181 by AdamBOD
I'm trying to use the UABrowseControl as a means of updating a DataTable but I am unsure of how to get a URL like this one [EasyUAClient1.ReadValue("opcua.demo-this.com:51211/UA/SampleServer", "nsu=http://test.org/UA/Data/;i=10853")] or if it is even possible

(All PLC tags are local)

More
30 May 2017 10:16 #5180 by AdamBOD
I'm trying to use the UABrowseControl as a means of dynamically updating a DataTable but I'm unsure of how to create a URL like this [EasyUAClient1.ReadValue("opcua.demo-this.com:51211/UA/SampleServer", "nsu=http://test.org/UA/Data/;i=10853")] or if it is even possible

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds