Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

EasyOpcUaDemo - no branches or leaves

More
18 Apr 2018 18:04 #6238 by support
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 5:48 PM
To: Z.
Cc: D.
Subject: EasyOpcUaDemo - no branches or leaves

Dear Sir,

We are currently using a modified version of your code-sample “EasyOpcUaDemo” (2017) which differs from the original just by having username and password hardcoded, since the OPC server requires authentication.
After entering the correct Server Uri (opc.tcp://192.168.130.31:4840), I press the “Browse data…” button and the attached screenshot is shown; apparently we are connected to the server, but we are unable to see any branches/leaves.
The OPC Server is hosted on a Siemens Sinumerik 840D v4.7 and variables values on it can be viewed using the application “UaExpert DataAccess View” even though their NodeId is apparently null.
I’m almost convinced that the problem relies on the OPC server, but I’m also wondering if it has something to do with the way a server is “processed” by your application. Has something like this happened to you?

Thank you for your time and patience!
Best regards,

F.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds