Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Quality Codes in UA

More
30 Jul 2017 16:58 #5383 by support
Replied by support on topic Quality Codes in UA
I thought you were subscribing to the monitored items.

Are you instead invoking a Read periodically?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2017 15:28 #5371 by AdamBOD
Replied by AdamBOD on topic Quality Codes in UA
Sorry for the late reply, I query the tags every 2 seconds but it will vary from user to user

More
10 Jul 2017 15:57 #5340 by support
If it were under the debugger, then it would be, in principle, a behavior as expected. What happens is that in OPC UA, the "broken connection" is detected by in-band mechanism in the protocol itself. The client uses a so-called keep-alive count, and the server the so-called lifetime interval, to detect interruptions. These mechanism collide with using a debugger when the user sets breakpoints, and for this reason we try to negotiate a high keep-alive count and a long lifetime interval, when a debugger is detected. Consequently, interruptions are only detected after very long time (days), under the debugger.

Without a debugger, normally the time to detect an interruption should be much shorter, because that's what we, as client, "propose" (but in the client-server negotiation, the server has the final word).

I could not reproduce the issue here, and without having it reproduced I cannot help much further.

What kind of publishing interval are you using for monitoring the values? Something in milliseconds/seconds range, or something considerably longer? (the detection interval is derived from that).

More
10 Jul 2017 08:09 #5336 by AdamBOD
I've tried it both ways but the results are the same

More
07 Jul 2017 15:19 #5333 by support
Sorry, one more question: Are you testing while running under a debugger (e.g. from Visual Studio, the typical "F5" or green arrow toolbar button), or standalone (e.g. from command line, or launching from Windows Explorer)?

More
07 Jul 2017 14:49 #5332 by AdamBOD
It's generally opc.tcp

I'm not 100% sure of the configuration inside the PLC but the issue still occurs even when I'm using the demo opcua.demo-this.com tags

More
07 Jul 2017 14:45 - 07 Jul 2017 14:45 #5331 by support
Thank you. I have some more questions

1) is the protocol opc.tcp:, or http: ?
2) Do I understand it correctly that the PLCs your are connecting to have an embedded OPC UA server. That is, that there isn't a separate PC box in the middle with the OPC UA server that would in turn communicate with the PLCs?

Best regards
Last edit: 07 Jul 2017 14:45 by support.

More
07 Jul 2017 14:13 #5329 by AdamBOD
It seems to be running Version 5.41.1186.1

More
07 Jul 2017 14:11 #5328 by support
I will try to reproduce this here. Which version and build are you using please? (best way to find out is from the Details tab when right-clicking on one of OpcLabs.* assemblies and doing Properties).

More
07 Jul 2017 14:04 #5327 by AdamBOD
Yes, I mean it loses actual connection to the tags, for example I have a demo PLC connected over ethernet and when I remove the connection the last received data is all that's displayed. I have simulated this as well with the demo OPC UA tags provided in the BrowseControl by just disconnecting from the network but it's the same story

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds