Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

QuickOPC UA does not reconnect reliably

More
04 May 2017 06:22 #5132 by support
Hello.

Ad 1. Are you saying that when you press "Subscribe", no data come, but also no error message appears in the box at the bottom?

If so, can you please re-start the demo app and try Read instead?

Ad 2. Can you determine which code line causes the silent exit? (possibly post the code snippet here). Which kind of project is your program (e.g. console app, Windows Forms app, WPF, Windows Service, Web service, ASP.NET Web app?)

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2017 05:18 #5127 by andrew.rafas
I have installed 2016.2 to the VM (Wind 8.1) my Kepware is running (and also copied my test program there):

1. Demo Application (OPC-UA) works on the VM, both with your servers and Kepware. The same application runs (does not crash) on my development laptop, but does not receive any data, and probably connection fails but it is hard to tell.

2. My test program works on the VM. The same application crashes (actually silently quits) with 0xc0000022 on my development laptop.

My development laptop is Win 10 64 bit, has VS2015 with latest frameworks. Also has OPC UA Local Discovery Server 1.02 running (stopping it makes no difference).

More
02 May 2017 11:07 #5126 by support
Hello.

The expected behavior is that QuickOPC should always reconnect (if possible, i.e. not a permanent error on the server/in the connection).

And yes, there were some bug fixes related to that. You should definitely switch to version 2016.2.

Questions:
1. If you use a demo app for OPC UA that ships with 2016.2 and connect it to our public server (on opcua.demo-this.com), does it work?
2. If you use the same app, and connect it to your Kepware server, does it work?
3. In which method does your program crash?
4. Have you tried on multiple computers?

A licensing error is not likely.

Thank you

More
02 May 2017 04:30 #5124 by andrew.rafas
Hi!

We are using QuickOPC-5.34 in a way that we subscribe to changes through IEasyUAClient.SubscribeMonitoredItem() during initialization, and rely on QuickOPC to reconnect to the server when the connection was lost. When restarting the remote Kepware server however, sometimes the reconnection happens, but usually the connection is lost forever.

Is it the normal behavior? If it is a bug, was it fixed in later versions? How can I get the bugfix?

I also tried to use later versions (5.35 and "OPC Labs QuickOPC 2016.2"), but then the exact same test program which works with 5.34, fails with this:
The program '[0x37BC] test_quickopc.vshost.exe' has exited with code -1073741790 (0xc0000022).
If there are threads, all those threads are cancelled with the same HRESULT. Can it be some kind of licencing error?

LicenseManager.exe shows an installed license on my machine, but it has:
Release date covered: 2017-01-07
Version number covered: 539

Thanks,
Andrew

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds