Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Error: The requested name is valid, but no data will by found for the requested type

More
07 Mar 2017 17:40 #4992 by support
Thank you.
There are two problems there:

1. You have some incorrect bindings.
2. We have a bug in the error handling, and basically have a "crash" instead of treating the invalid bindings properly.

Resolution:

Ad 1. How to resolve the incorrect bindings:
1.1 Right-click on the TextBox you are attempting to bind, and select the "Edit Live Bindings" command. A "Binding Collection Editor" dialog appears.
1.2. The "Bindings" list contains 5 bindings. The first one is empty ("null" in out terminology). This is the one that is causing the errors. Select it, and then press the "Remove" button.
1.3. Optionally, remove other bindings that seem to be duplicate (but they are not causing the error you have reported).
1.4. Press "OK" to close the Binding Collection Editor.

Ad 2. The bug in our error handling will be fixed in the upcoming QuickOPC version (2017.2); but if you do as described above, it should go away anyway.

I hope this helps.
Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2017 11:27 #4991 by rhoerner
Hello,
I get the error right at the start from visual studio.

If I execute the compiled application (out of Visual studio), then I get the exceptions 01 (see Exception01.jpg) right after start and the exception 02 (see Exception02.jpg) by closing the application.

You also find the current project in the attachment.

Best regards
Attachments:

More
06 Mar 2017 10:51 #4990 by support
Hello,
this is weird, but it appears to be something rather on our side.

Do you get the error right at the start, or when you are closing the application?

Can you please send me the project again, and, if possible, more details to the error(s) - e.g., is it possible to obtain a call stack? (this is for case if we were not able to reproduce it with you project).

Thank you

More
06 Mar 2017 10:07 #4989 by rhoerner
OK, now I did die proper way and OPCLabs find the UA-Server and I can browse the nodes and choose one node to connect it with a textbox.

But if I start the application, the application throws a untreated exception in the overridden method components.Dispose() of Forms1.Designer.cs.
The exception is of type OpcLabs.BaseLib.dll and the additional information which I get is calles "Assertionerror _subscribeDictionary==null".

If I execute the compiled application (out of Visual studio), then I get 2 exceptions:
1. monitoredItemArgumentsArray==null
2. "Assertionerror _subscribeDictionary==null"

Whats the problem?

More
05 Mar 2017 14:20 - 05 Mar 2017 14:23 #4987 by support
There seems to be several misunderstandings going on.

Browsing the network for computers is done using Windows functions. It is not related to OPC UA. If you get an error at the moment you try to expand a "Network" node or its domain sub-node, then it is a Windows network browsing returning the error. Similarly, even if you know the host where the OPC UA server resides, browsing for OPC UA servers on that computer is (usually, but not always) done by a separate OPC UA server, called LDS (Local Discovery Server). So in the end, you can have a perfectly functioning OPC UA server that you connect to, but if the LDS does not work, it won't be possible to discover it. But

The above, however, is just an explanation and may not have to do with your issue.

I tried to play with the Point Editor in a similar situation you described (when browsing for servers does not work), and entering the server manually. And, I have realized one case in which I can get precisely the same error as you.

The *proper* way to enter a server URL, if you cannot browse for it, is to 1. select the "Any Host" node, and then insert a node with the URL (such as "opc.tcp://192.168.0.1:4840") of your server (in the dialog, this is denoted as inserting "OPC-UA Endpoint Node". This works for me.

The *improper* way to do this is to try to insert a "Host" node. For example, if you select the root node ("Hosts"), and then manually insert a node and type in "opc.tcp://192.168.0.1:4840", you will end up with "host" node that has a name of "opc.tcp://192.168.0.1:4840". That's not right (the host name should be just "192.168.0.1", in this case). If I do this improper procedure, I end up with precisely the same error as you (The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found).

Can you verify whether you have not made this mistake, buy repeating the procedure from the start, in the proper way?
Last edit: 05 Mar 2017 14:23 by support.

More
03 Mar 2017 17:30 #4985 by rhoerner
I didn't set the slash manually. I always config the "Point Editor" even you described ist in the getting started manual "Making a first OPC UA application using Live Binding". I don't know, why there are a slash.

If I browse the Network in the "Point Editor", so I get an error, that no server will be find. But thats wrong. I have a right working SimaticNet server.

I hope, you can help me.

More
03 Mar 2017 12:30 #4984 by support
I am sorry but I do not understand your answer.

The Live Binding project you have sent me *has* the slash at the end.

More
03 Mar 2017 08:34 #4983 by rhoerner
I checked this, but by me, I don't get the slash at the end of the url (opc.tcp://192.168.0.1:4840/)

More
22 Feb 2017 09:33 - 22 Feb 2017 09:34 #4970 by support
I found a small difference between the two projects. I am not sure if it causing the problem, but it can. Can you please test that; if it helps, I would then be interested in knowing how the difference has actually got there in the first place.

The difference is in the trailing forward slash in the server URL. The project that works OK uses

"opc.tcp://192.168.0.1:4840"
whereas the project that reports "System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Der angeforderte Name ist gültig, es wurden jedoch keine Daten des angeforderten Typs gefunden" uses

"opc.tcp://192.168.0.1:4840/"
Can you please check whether this is not the cause.

In the Live Binding project, you can edit the URL directly in the Form1.Designer.cs file.

Thank you, and best regards
Last edit: 22 Feb 2017 09:34 by support.

More
13 Feb 2017 14:04 #4961 by rhoerner
Hello,
my answer to your questions:
1.) Yes, I tested the traditional coding exactly from the same client computer as with live binding.
2.) See zip-files in attachment
3.) See pdf-file in attachment

Thank you
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds