Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OpcLabs lost connection to Kepware

More
16 Sep 2020 15:36 #8902 by support
OK thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2020 20:50 #8900 by gkalipershad
I believe they were using the latest version of the toolkit, but they seem to have moved past that error since we are still working together and they have not mentioned it again. They were performing reads and I had them subscribe to items instead and increase the hold period for good measure.

Thanks,
GK

More
13 Sep 2020 09:57 - 13 Sep 2020 09:58 #8890 by support
From this client-side log itself, it looks like that this is a server-side or communication problem - as described in the error messages the customer is getting.

If the customer believes that it is *not* the case, in order to analyze it,we would need to be able to see more information: the Wireshark log, and the client-side logs from the same run: kb.opclabs.com/Collecting_information_for_troubleshooting .

Which QuickOPC version is the customer using please?

Best regards
Last edit: 13 Sep 2020 09:58 by support.

More
11 Sep 2020 15:09 #8884 by gkalipershad
Hello,

Were there any known solutions to this? I have a customer experiencing the same error. I have attached their log file.
Attachments:

More
09 Mar 2015 12:20 #2951 by adid@contel.co.il
hello,

i am using opcLabs 5.32.1063.1.
i am using the dll and it's all works fine - i succeed read and write tags.
than after couple of hours i didn't succeed to write and to read tags, and i get an error :

Timeout connecting the OPC-UA client session. The total timeout value was 60000 milliseconds, and we have waited for 0 milliseconds. The actual waiting time is lower than the total timeout (or even zero) if the connection operation has already started earlier.

it's seems to see that the opcLabs stop read and write tags, although the Kepware is running and the tags are in status good. If i restart the service, or do in the service : m_EasyUAClient = new EasyUaClient() than the problem is solved.

i also see in the opc logger ( EasyUaClient.LogEntry ) :

StatusCode: {BadNoCommunication} = 0x80310000 (2150694912)
Description: Server not responding to keep alive requests.

what is the reason the opcLabs is stop reading and writing to Kepware ?
i will mention that the kepware server and my service that use the opcLabs are running on the same computer.
attach the opc log file.

thank you,
Adi Damty
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds