Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Callbacks in service vs GUI

More
08 Jun 2018 14:49 #6408 by support
Replied by support on topic Callbacks in service vs GUI
Hello,
this certainly is not related to licensing. The trial license works the same in this respect.

In fact, we also do not do anything differently when running as a service vs GUI, so what you describe is quite unexpected.

Can you give some details? Such as:

1. Does this also happen with code taken from our examples, connecting to our public server?

2. Which OPC server are you connecting to?

3. Can you post here the piece of code that makes the subscription, and perhaps the skeleton of the event handler?

4. Isn't there something in your event handler that slows it down? The event handler is only called in a serialized way - meaning that until you are finished with processing of one event, it cannot start processing another one.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2018 14:45 #6407 by support
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2018 12:52 PM
To: Z.
Subject: OPC Labs Contact Form - Callbacks in service vs GUI

[...]
Hi,

I am evaluating your QuickOPC kit and have a question.

When making a Delphi VCL application everything wokrs fine and I get DataChange eventsevery 100ms.

When subscribing on the same tag in a Delphi service I get DataChange events every 1.5 s. What is the reason for this slow procedure?

I am evaluating your software so if this is something that only happens in the "free" version it would be nice to know. The only thing I have seen so far regarding the limits for the free version is that it only works for 30 minutes.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds