Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Subscribing Multiple Items and Memory

More
01 Nov 2017 14:16 #5627 by support
1)

QuickOPC is written in .NET, and the memory is managed by the CLR. You cannot expect to behave it in deterministic manner. Unless your app shows an increasing memory usage over a long period for no reason (and by long, I mean really long - 72 hours or even more), there is nothing to be concerned about.

COM applications can cause a memory leak by not releasing the objects properly. If you just subscribe/unsubscribe, however, the items are identified by handles and not COM references,, so that's not the issue here probably.

2)

Yes, you can use the component from more threads. You can do that with one instance (in which case many calls on that instance will be serialized) or with several instances (less serialization).

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2017 09:36 #5616 by Dq-soft
Hello Again , i have a few more question

First Question:
I subscribe 3000 Items. The memory is increasing about 70 MB.
If i use unsubscribeallmonitoredItems the memory does not decrease.
Even if i free the whole quiickopc component the memory is not decreassing.
Is this correct or is there another way to free memory ?

Second Question
Can i use the whole component within one or more threads?
Fore example one thread with on local insstance of the component as receiver and another thread with another local instance as sender?

Kind regards

Dina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds