Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPC-UA service result - Could not create a certificate via a proxy

More
04 Jul 2019 14:22 #7495 by support
Are you saying that if you check the subject name of the certificate in the certificate store, and the one that can be seen in the LogEntry notifications from QuickOPC app, they are precisely the same? And that you still get the error - and is the error truly still the same?

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2019 13:36 #7494 by mihaela.chirita
Hello,

This error occured since the very begining - I understand that because I dind't run my app with administrator rights; after that I've tried many solutions to generate the certificate required, eg.: using the Opc.Ua.CertificateGenerator.exe.

Even if I save as another name, and change the application parameters and run the new excel file as administrator, the QuickOPC is not invoke the certificate generation - still have the same error.

Regards,
Mihaela

More
04 Jul 2019 12:36 #7493 by support
Hello.

It was your choice to call Opc.Ua.CertificateGenerator.exe directly. I would normally attempt to proceed differently, and figure out a way to let QuickOPC invoke the ceriticate generation, in which case the computer name would match.

But anyway, the Opc.Ua.CertificateGenerator.exe has many options (and some help switch), and one of them is "-subjectName", followed by the subject name. This should match the one QuickOPC is looking for. The computer name is then part of the subject name, I think.

Best regards

More
04 Jul 2019 11:46 #7492 by mihaela.chirita
Hello,

Yes, that's exacly right! I've looked to the log entries and I beleve the computer name - of course; it's different...

Then how I should proceed to generate the certificate on another PC, so that my app will work? I hope you have a quick solution for me since I already lost so many time.

Thank you for your time and help.

Regards,
Mihaela

More
02 Jul 2019 19:06 #7477 by support
Hello,

do I understand it correctly that you have run the Opc.Ua.CertificateGenerator.exe tool with elevated privileges (from the command line), in order to generate the certificate and safe it into the certificate store, but then you still get the error when running the QuickOPC app?

If so, I think the issue is now that the subject name of the generated certificate is not what the QuickOPC app expects (or, the certificate is not in the correct certificate store). Because, if the certificate was present in the right store and with the right name, the QuickOPC app will not try to generate it (and give the "Could not create a certificate via a proxy" error); instead, it would simply load it from the store and use it.

So, I suggest that you focus now on investigating this. Remember that it is not just the application name that is used for the match. It is the "subject name", and it consists of the application, and other things such as the computer name.

Tools and hints that can help you with that:

A. OPC UA Configuration Tool - see www.opclabs.com/products/ua-configuration-tool . Use it to check which certs you have and in which store.
B. The static EasyUAClient.LogEntry event (in COM, it is mapped to EasyUAClientConfiguration.LogEntry). In your app (or any testing app that has the same issue), try to hook to it and store all events it generates. There will be events that mention that certificate subject name, and what is happening around the certificate lookup and generation. Examples: opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...ure%20-%20Event%20logging.html

Best regards

More
02 Jul 2019 14:34 #7475 by mihaela.chirita
Hello,

Yes, I believe that this is the reason why I get this error. I've tried to run as administrator some batch file where I am issue a certificate:

start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\UA Configuration Tool 1.03" Opc.Ua.CertificateGenerator.exe -cmd issue -sp . -an QualityOPC-Ua

but I still have same error message

Regards,
Mihaela

More
01 Jul 2019 17:21 #7466 by support
Hello,

one thing to check is that when the application is run the first time (or EasyUAClient.Install is called), it needs administrator account and run with elevated privileges - this is needed so that the generated application certificate can be saved to the certificate store.

Cannot that be the reason?

More
01 Jul 2019 06:30 #7464 by mihaela.chirita
Hi,

Sorry that I skiped some details.

The entire error is:
"[System.__ComObject] *** Failure -2147483648 (0x80000000): OPC-UA service result - Could not create a certificate via a proxy: The operation completed successfully = Bad."

And it occurs when I am trying to subscribe for multiplemonitored items, only from another pc then mine.

QuickOPC 2018.3 (5.54.1085.1) Full is the version which I am using.

Thank you for your support!
Regards,
Mihaela

More
29 Jun 2019 10:01 #7463 by support
Hello.

I do not understand what the problem is. In the subject, you have used a (partial) error message. But in the text, you show several pieces of code, and do not say where the error occurs. In addition, it is very important to know the precise and full text of the error, and I believe that what you have put in the subject is not the entire text.

Also, which version of QuickOPC are you using?

Regards

More
28 Jun 2019 09:52 #7462 by mihaela.chirita
Hi,

I am facing some problems with creating the certificate for an Excel Application which should be used on several PC's.
I was trying to set the ApplicationName as described on your documentation (see bellow)

Dim ClientConfiguration As EasyUAClientConfiguration

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Set ClientConfiguration = New EasyUAClientConfiguration
ClientConfiguration.SharedParameters.EngineParameters.ApplicationParameters.ApplicationName = "QualityOPC-Ua"

Call InitializeSettingData
End Sub

I understand that I should write a small install that will generate the certificate for my excel app; I've been trying - till now whitout success, to make a .bat file or .js that sets the parameters needed, like for example:

var EasyUAClientConfig = new ActiveXObject("OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.EasyUAClientConfiguration");

EasyUAClientConfig.SharedParameters.EngineParameters.ApplicationParameters.ApplicationCertificateSubject = "QualityOPC-Ua";
EasyUAClientConfig.SharedParameters.EngineParameters.ApplicationParameters.ApplicationName = "QualityOPC-Ua";
EasyUAClientConfig.SharedParameters.EngineParameters.ApplicationParameters.ApplicationUriString = "urn:br-automation/BR/UA/EmbeddedServer";
EasyUAClientConfig.SharedParameters.EngineParameters.ApplicationParameters.ProductUriString = "QualityOPC-Ua";

var EasyUAClient = new ActiveXObject("OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.EasyUAClient");
EasyUAClient.Install();

If you can maybe please provide some quick solution that will work it will be very appreciate!

Thank you,
Mihaela

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds