Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Access violation when setting AllowedMessageSecurityModes

More
08 Aug 2018 13:37 #6601 by alex2027
I have found the issue, while licensing the production machine I realized I had been updating my development machine to the 2018.2 version but leaving the production machine on 2017.2.

Now I have upgraded this also and everything is working great :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2018 13:01 #6600 by alex2027
Thanks, we will do this :)

More
03 Aug 2018 06:20 #6580 by support
I will try to reproduce the problem here, and let you know then.

Note: Any non-trial license covers all previous versions, so if you purchased now, you could use 2017.2 temporarily just fine.

More
02 Aug 2018 10:22 #6573 by alex2027
Just to test I removed 2018.2 and reinstalled 2017.2, re-created the type libraries again
and I don't get the error (just the message about 2017.2 being expired when I try to read a string).

Back to 2018.2 and the error returns.

Alex

More
02 Aug 2018 10:10 #6572 by alex2027
Hi,

Yes I re-created the units after switching to the new version.

If I comment out this statement I get no more errors but the program just freezes when I try to read from the machine but no errors.

I also get the same if I try to set:

OPCClientConfig.AdaptableParameters.SessionParameters.EndpointSelectionPolicy.AllowZeroSecurityLevel := true;

so I seems to be anything under EndpointSelectionPolicy.

Alex

More
02 Aug 2018 10:03 #6571 by support
Hello,
I have a question - have you re-created the Delphi units from the type libraries, after switching to the new version? (opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...20Libraries%20to%20Delphi.html ).

And, if you comment out this one statement, does it work then, or do you get similar exceptions later down the road? The statement isn't actually necessary, because UAMessageSecurityModes_All is the default value.

Best regards

More
02 Aug 2018 09:55 - 02 Aug 2018 09:59 #6570 by alex2027
Hi,

on version 2017.2 the below worked fine for me:
var
  OPCClient: TEasyUAClient;
  OPCClientConfig: TEasyUAClientConfiguration;
begin

OPCClientConfig := TEasyUAClientConfiguration.Create(nil);
  OPCClientConfig.SharedParameters.EngineParameters.CertificateAcceptancePolicy.AcceptAnyCertificate := true;
  OPCClientConfig.AdaptableParameters.SessionParameters.EndpointSelectionPolicy.AllowedMessageSecurityModes := UAMessageSecurityModes_All;
  OPCClientConfig.AdaptableParameters.SessionParameters.UserIdentity.UserNameTokenInfo.UserName := 'username';
  OPCClientConfig.AdaptableParameters.SessionParameters.UserIdentity.UserNameTokenInfo.Password := 'password';

OPCClient := TEasyUAClient.Create(nil);

end;

but since upgrading to 2018.2 I get the error "Access violation at address 04CF7EBA in module 'TestProject.exe'. Read of address 00007530." when trying to set the AllowedMessageSecurityModes.

Alex
Last edit: 02 Aug 2018 09:59 by support.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds