Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

UA-Client events don't fire

More
23 Mar 2017 06:21 #5031 by RH
Replied by RH on topic UA-Client events don't fire
Just for your information: The issue was caused by the installation of our IT department. After I installed it manually, everything worked fine. Maybe some registration issues as you supposed.

As a note, to your comment "the read command for example works, but the events don't fire." - I suppose it's clear to you already, but if you do *just* read, then OnServerConditionChanged should fire, but no OnDataChangeNotification.

Yes, that's clear :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2017 06:55 #5004 by support
Replied by support on topic UA-Client events don't fire
There were no specific changes between the two builds in that area; but to be absolutely sure, I recommend to use the same build everywhere.

I think we had another customer reporting a similar issue, but could not reproduce it. It seems to be related to Delphi only.

Can you please try one of the VBScript examples that come with the product to see if the events are displayed well. If they are, the problem must be (as I suppose) not in the component itself, but somewhere in the plumbing between it and your program. Things like type libraries and their registration come to my mind in this respect. How did the all the stuff get to the other computers? By the means of our installation program, or using some manual steps, or...?

As a note, to your comment "the read command for example works, but the events don't fire." - I suppose it's clear to you already, but if you do *just* read, then OnServerConditionChanged should fire, but no OnDataChangeNotification.

Best regards

More
09 Mar 2017 08:01 #4999 by RH
Today, I discovered a problem with my working software using UA client. I use the events "OnDataChangeNotification" and "OnServerConditionChanged" and with my development computer, these events fire when I get connected or disconected and when the subscribed items change their values.
When I run the software on other computers, the read command for example works, but the events don't fire.

I then had a closer look at the versions. It appeared, that I had version 5.41.502 installed on my computer, the other computers had the version 5.41.524 of the COM objects installed. Can that cause the issues? Do I have to remove older version before installing newer ones?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds