Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Remote Locking? Is it possible?

More
09 Mar 2018 19:00 - 09 Mar 2018 19:02 #6129 by support
Hello.

OPC specifications do not have any standard way of doing this. Consequently, QuickOPC cannot do it in any "standard way" either, nor can any tool based just on the bare OPC standard.

There can be ways to do it when the server (PLC) "cooperates" and provides such locking using extra tags or other methods, but such approach would be vendor-specific, and you will need to ask the server/PLC vendor whether they provide anything like that.

Best regards
Last edit: 09 Mar 2018 19:02 by admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2018 12:08 #6128 by lux1
Dear OPC Labs team,
My current situation is that I read some variables from a PLC Control and write modified versions of them back. Between the read and write it could happen that the value of the variable on the PLC Control already changed, I miss that information and write a new value down to the PLC Control. Is there some way of locking mechanism to remote lock variables and avoid this issue? or some "test and set" operation instead of writing with the following?
EasyUAClient.WriteValue(UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor, object value);

I'm currently using Quick OPC 5.2 since I need .Net4.0 compatibility

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds