Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

0x80040202 (CONNECT_E_CANNOTCONNECT ?)

More
14 Jul 2017 08:16 #5351 by support
Besides tweaking these settings (and possibly tweaking DCOM too), I cannot think of further options. The difference between other OPC client(s) and ours in this respect is usually in the fact that ours is .NET-based, and .NET host may do its own COM initialization which conflicts with what we want, for which all these extra settings exist.

CONNECT_E_CANNOTCONNECT is related to the "reverse" direction, when the server attempts to set up a callback to the client (for subscriptions). Sync reads/writes will probably work well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2017 12:22 - 13 Jul 2017 12:25 #5350 by chrisbonnar
I tried all combinations.

UseCustomSecurity = false alone made no difference.
UseCustomSecurity = false + TurnOffActivitionSecurity = true resulted in a different error - "access denied". This may be a step forward? But I am still stuck.

This is a windows application, both debugging in Visual Studio and running the compiled exe is done under the identity of the current user - which is known to definitely have read/write access on the Kepware server. Running Visual Studio as administrator also made no difference.

Please advise.
Last edit: 13 Jul 2017 12:25 by chrisbonnar. Reason: added note about identities

More
13 Jul 2017 08:21 #5347 by support
Hello,

can you please try different combinations of parameters as described here: www.opclabs.com/forum/connections-reconnections-com-dcom/124...ng-to-remote-machines-via-code .

Regards

More
12 Jul 2017 11:10 #5346 by chrisbonnar
Please see attached screenshot. I am trying to subscribe to a Kepware tag on a customer's remote server from my .NET windows application and I get a very unhelpful and non-descriptive error 0x80040202 in return.

On advice of an OPC Training Institute article I have run the OPC Expert utility on the same computer, and it can subscribe to the tag without issue.

Please advise.
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds