Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Read Multiple Data

More
15 Jun 2016 04:54 - 15 Jun 2016 05:26 #4143 by support
Replied by support on topic Read Multiple Data
ReadMultipleItems documentation: www.opclabs.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/Reference/Q...e97-51b2-5eff-394ade5fb64f.htm

In short, the server identification is in the ServerDescriptor property inside each element (DAReadItemArguments: www.opclabs.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/Reference/Q...417-103a-2c5c-a623fa258780.htm ) of the input array. In the MachineName property of ServerDescriptor, you can have a computer name, but it can also be a numeric IP address, expressed as a string.

You need to construct an array of DAReadItemArguments, and in each of them, specify what you want to read and how - including the server address.

I hope this helps; if you run into problems, let me know.
Last edit: 15 Jun 2016 05:26 by support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2016 04:48 #4142 by support
Read Multiple Data was created by support
Hi, I am using your Quick OPC C# library for building an evaluation application before making a purchase, I was wondering How can I connect to the OPC server running on other machine when I am trying to read multiple values. When I use DAVtqResult[] results = client.ReadMultipleItems(PROGID, Item); method there is no overload for mentioning the server IP address. Please help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds