Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

WPFLiveBinding in VS17

More
09 Mar 2018 09:06 #6126 by support
Replied by support on topic WPFLiveBinding in VS17
You can download the updated version from www.opclabs.com/products/quickopc/downloads .

We will also provide you with a 30-day evaluation license. I will send it to you (to the email address you used to register with these forums) either later today, or by Monday.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2018 07:50 #6125 by marco
Replied by marco on topic WPFLiveBinding in VS17
Hello,
sorry for the late response, I wasn't in the office for a couple of days.
A new test-version would be perfect, thank you.
Another question: Is it possible to get a version with a longer runtime?
A customer want to test our software under semi-real conditions and it would be great, if we would have a longer runtime for evaluation.

Best regards
Marco

More
27 Feb 2018 10:57 #6077 by support
Hello,

as it turned out, it's not the German vs. English version of VS. What makes the difference is the actual update of Visual Studio in use. Microsoft has shipped many updates recently, and some of them broke what has worked for us earlier.

We know that Visual Studio 2017 version 15.2 (26340.14) worked OK, and also version 15.3.5.
We know from you that version 15.5.4 did not work, and in our test, we have found that version 15.5.7 did not work either.

We have fixed the problem you reported, and the fix is in the current QuickOPC 2018.1 as posted on our Website now (when installing, it should report itself as 5.52.91.1 or later).

Please install the latest QuickOPC version, and re-test.

I know you have mentioned that you are on QuickOPC 2017.2. If your license does not cover 2018.1, let me know and I will arrange an extension of your license to 2018.1, free of charge.

We have also found some other, less serious issues with latest VS updates. We will address them later, because they do not prevent the user for completing the tasks needed.

Best regards

More
23 Feb 2018 12:30 #6073 by support
Hello,

Thank you for reporting this.

I have forwarded the issue to the developer who worked on this part, and was able to reproduce it when he used German Windows.

I will let you know when we have more information.

Regards

More
21 Feb 2018 15:49 #6070 by marco
WPFLiveBinding in VS17 was created by marco
Hello,
while evaluating your software, i faced following Problem.
At step 3 (described here) this error keeps flashing, when dropping the WPFLiveBinding on the window.

It roughly translates to "Not able to create instance of interface."
So, what did I miss?
I'm using Visual Studio 15.5.4, .Net 4.7.02556, TargetFramework 4.5.2 and QuickOPC 2017.2.
Best Regards,
Marco
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds