Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

win32com.client Not Found - Python

More
20 Feb 2024 17:41 #12564 by support
Examples for OPC client and subscriber development in Python are now on GitHub: github.com/OPCLabs/Examples-QuickOPC-Python .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2023 13:37 #12399 by support
Note: QuickOPC now supports Python in much better way, cleaner syntax, and public packages (pypi.org/project/opclabs-quickopc/) on Python Package Index . See What's new in QuickOPC 2023.2 for more information. And, over 270 examples are available in the User's Guide!

More
14 Sep 2018 19:50 - 15 Sep 2018 06:22 #6651 by support
I think you need either this:
pypi.org/project/pywin32/

or rather this:
pypi.org/project/pypiwin32/219/

Instructions: In C:\PythonXX\Scripts, do:

pip install pypiwin32

Best regards
Last edit: 15 Sep 2018 06:22 by support.

More
14 Sep 2018 14:56 #6647 by steve.korber
Using the example Read.Main.py and I am trying to read a tag from our Ignition OPC UA Server. The python file cannot find the library win32com.py so I can't run the file. I have left the file in the default location "C:\Program Files (x86)\OPC Labs QuickOPC 2018.2\ExamplesCom\Python\CPython\Console\UADocExamples\_EasyUAClient" but it still doesn't work. Where is this file located?

More
14 Sep 2018 14:46 #6646 by steve.korber
I'm trying out a trail version and I just want to make sure I can read a OPC-UA tag from out Ignition Server. I am using the Read.Main.py provided and I made some changes to the endpoint but the module win32com is not found on my machine. Where can I locate this library file? I just want to run this in IDLE (default python environment).

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'win32com'

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds