Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

× If you are developing in .NET, but are using the OPC-UA (OPC Unified Architecture), please post in the QuickOPC-UA category instead.

Determining if a tag is a hardware tag or virtaul Tag Kepware OPC

More
07 May 2018 11:54 #6305 by support
Hello.

To a generic OPC Client that uses standard OPC interfaces, all servers "look the same". What you are describing would be something specific to Kepware; there is no standard way in OPC specifications to distinguish between hardware and memory tags.

If the distinction can be made from OPC item ID (the tag name), then you can certainly do it, just by testing the string of Item ID.

You may also address this question to Kepware - in fact, that's where it would be more appropriate. If the information is available through OPC at all, then with 99.9% probability it is also available through our QuickOPC - but the server side must be able to tell how...

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2018 11:15 #6304 by georgem
Hi

I am trying to determine if a tag is a hardware tag or just a general memory tag using KEPWARE OPC. If I export a CSV file from KEPWARE there is a specific identifier for these tags as seen below

PV1S1:I.PT02DATA(Hardware)
PV1S1_I.PT02DATA(memory)

In this case the colon shows this.

Is there a way to return this using this tool.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds