Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Demo (trial runtime limitation in F#)

More
20 Feb 2017 09:22 #4966 by support
Many thanks - please keep me updated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2017 02:01 #4962 by caxelrud
I am happy to share my experience using OPC Labs with F#. I already translated most of the C# examples from the User's Guide QuickOPC. I am editing and running F# scripts in Visual Studio Code. This is where I am getting problems in restarting and slow responses. I will soon send objective information about these problems. Thanks. Celso

More
08 Feb 2017 19:57 #4939 by support
"Re-started" refers to a process that hosts the component. I suppose that in case of F# interactive in Visual Studio, it might be the Visual Studio shell process itself (DEVENV.EXE). Or, VS may start a separate process to run your code. In either case, exiting Visual Studio and starting it again should give you another 30 minutes, and so on.

We can also give you an evaluation license, free of charge, without such limitation (but instead, valid for 30 days, extendable). If you are interested, use the Contact form on this site (Company -> Contact Us) and ask for it, stating your email, and company name.

One last note: We have envisioned a possible F# usage but are no F# experts here. I would be quite interested in your experiences and opinions about how our component "fits" F#, and whether something should be improved in that respect. If you later decide to purchase, your feedback will be rewarded with a discount.

Best regards

More
08 Feb 2017 19:51 #4938 by support
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 3:56 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik ...
Subject: OPC Labs Contact Form - Demo

[...]
I am trying to demo to check if it is a solution for a new project. But I having problems after some time due to "The trial provides valid data to client application for 30 minutes; after that period, the component needs to be re-started".

I am not sure what "re-started" means since I am using F# interactive. DO you can offer me a better way to test it? Thanks

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds