Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Deployment without License install

More
03 Nov 2015 11:19 #3639 by sebpinski
Could you please edit the URL as it just takes me to the restricted page (when signed in). I cannot find the article in the knowledge base.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2015 09:52 #3638 by support
I have identified you by the domain in your email address, and enabled your account to access the document. Please access

www.quickopc.com/resources/product-information/knowledge-base/category/35-restricted

while begin logged to this site.

Regards

More
03 Nov 2015 09:37 #3637 by sebpinski
Dear Support,

I'd like the information on deployment without using the license manager but the site license was purchased under an account created by someone in our purchasing department. Could you please let me know how I can get hold of the documentation with instruction on how to do this without having to contact the purchasing department.

I can provide a copy of our invoice for the site license if necessary.

Thanks,
Sebastian

More
29 Mar 2013 20:51 #1263 by support
You are not deploying Microsoft.Contracts.dll to the target computer. It is necessary that this assembly is available to the application, either from file system or from the GAC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: arahming

More
29 Mar 2013 15:07 #1262 by arahming
I am confused by the question this program is designed not to be installed as I have specified due to NERC if we install this application on NERC restricted assets that it would become useless due to the change management and testing process.... I have dropped pretty much all your assemblies in the applications folder, I have also used dependancy walker and added a bunch of *.dll they said where needed but it still does not work... I am almost 100% sure if you attemtp to run this application on a test XP or 2003 server it will not run until you install the QuickClient 5.21

File Attachment:

File Name: Asssemblies.bmp
File Size:1,621 KB
Attachments:

More
29 Mar 2013 14:48 #1261 by support
Can you please send me a list of files, or a picture of the folder where your application is installed on the target computer. I'd like to check if all assemblies are present.

More
29 Mar 2013 14:42 #1260 by arahming
Here is the test project I created. it has the same exact issues as the real project when you click on the exe the win form will not open. once you install your program its fine tested on windows 2003 and XP we do not use 2008 for our older scada systems

File Attachment:

File Name: TEST_WIN_FORM.zip
File Size:42 KB
Attachments:

More
29 Mar 2013 07:11 #1259 by support
Thank you. Can you please send me a list of files, or a picture of the folder where your application is installed on the target computer? I'd like to check if all assemblies are present.

Best regards,

More
28 Mar 2013 18:15 #1258 by arahming
I don't think the VS 2012 update 1 matters as I explained earlier everything works if I install the licesnes manager. the build is 5.21 101.1.

thanks

File Attachment:

File Name: WithLicenseManger.bmp
File Size:1,998 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: WithoutLM.bmp
File Size:1,236 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: support

More
28 Mar 2013 17:48 #1257 by support
I have now enabled the BMP extension in the forums, please add your images.

I am still missing the build number. The first install page says "This will install OPCData.NET 5.21 Build XXX.X on your computer". I need the number after the Build word.

If the list at the bottom of your email is supposed to list the C++ runtimes, then you are missing the one for Visual Studio 2012 Update 1.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds