Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Require help in using the EasyAEClient

More
01 Sep 2014 10:29 #2204 by support
The most likely reason: The error message indicates that the OPC Server given by the ProgID you use ("OPC.Siemens.XML.1") does not support OPC Alarms&Events.

There are now basically two possibilities:

1. It might be that your OPC server software actually DOES support OPC Alarms&Events, but under a different ProgID. This would be quite common. Please search your OPC Server documentation for the proper ProgID, OR use the EasyAEClient.BrowseServers method to obtain a list of all OPC A&E servers on the computer, and then go from there.

2. Or, the OPC server might not support OPC A&E at all.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vishweshwar_Kapse, pankaj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2014 09:15 - 01 Sep 2014 09:16 #2203 by Vishweshwar_Kapse
Hi

I am interested to Listen to events from the server.
I am able to read tag values using the EasyDAClient So I know that the OPC server is running fine and the connection between the client and the server is fine

I am interested to learn to Handle events that are triggered by the server. So I have tried doing this.

OpcLabs.EasyOpc.AlarmsAndEvents.EasyAEClient client = new OpcLabs.EasyOpc.AlarmsAndEvents.EasyAEClient();
client.SubscribeEvents("W7VM", "OPC.Siemens.XML.1", 1, (sender, evnentArgs) =>
{
MessageBox.Show(eventArgs.ToString());
});

But I keep getting the error stating that "{[12585994] *** System.InvalidCastException: No such interface supported };" Which means that the call back function is triggering but there is something that I am missing.

FYI.. I have Configured an Alarm in the WinCC server

Can someone please teach me as to how I can use the EasyAEClient to handle events that are triggered by the server.
Last edit: 01 Sep 2014 09:16 by Vishweshwar_Kapse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds