Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Filter on Category

More
26 May 2014 06:38 #1994 by support
Replied by support on topic Filter on Category
This bug is fixed in QuickOPC 5.23.1211.1, which is now in the public download area (no action needed on your side, C., as you have been provided with this build last week already).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2014 12:31 #1984 by cdunlap
Replied by cdunlap on topic Filter on Category
Thanks for looking into this. If you need any further information from me, please just let me know.

More
19 May 2014 14:37 #1980 by support

More
18 May 2014 13:28 #1975 by support
C., from what you have described, it sounds like a bug. I will try to reproduce and will let you know more then.

More
16 May 2014 21:05 #1971 by cdunlap
Filter on Category was created by cdunlap
Hi,

I am trying to filter on category IDs. I have successfully filtered based on Areas/Source, but for some reason, I cannot get the Category filter to work.

Example code looks something like this:

Dim EasyAEClient As New OpcLabs.EasyOpc.AlarmsAndEvents.EasyAEClient

Dim myState As OpcLabs.EasyOpc.AlarmsAndEvents.AEConditionState

Dim myFilter As OpcLabs.EasyOpc.AlarmsAndEvents.AESubscriptionFilter

Dim myAttributesForSelectedCategories As OpcLabs.EasyOpc.AlarmsAndEvents.AEAttributeSetDictionary

Dim myFilterCategories() As Long = Nothing

Dim MyHandle As Integer

myState = New OpcLabs.EasyOpc.AlarmsAndEvents.AEConditionState

myFilter = EasyAEClient.CreateSubscriptionFilter

myAttributesForSelectedCategories = New OpcLabs.EasyOpc.AlarmsAndEvents.AEAttributeSetDictionary

myAttributesForSelectedCategories = ... doing some stuff to fill that variable

myFilterCategories = {1, 2, 3}

myFilter.Categories = myFilterCategories

''myFilter.Sources = {"computer.clock.timer"} ... works fine if I use this instead of setting myFilter.Categories

AddHandler EasyAEClient.Notification, AddressOf EasyAEClient_Notification

MyHandle = EasyAEClient.SubscribeEvents(“physicalServerName”, “OPCAEServerName”, 1000, myState, myFilter, myAttributesForSelectedCategories)

Private Sub EasyAEClient_Notification(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As OpcLabs.EasyOpc.AlarmsAndEvents.EasyAENotificationEventArgs)

''This is where e.Exception has the value “{[12585986] *** System.ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect. }“

End Sub

I have also tried using QueryEventCategories to get the available categories and add them all to a long array in order to pass them in to the filter. If I do this, the EasyAENotificationEventArgs.Exception property contains “{[12585986] *** System.ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect. }“ whenever I get a notification of an event as well. I do not run into this issue with Areas or Sources. Is there something I am missing? How can the filter effect the events notification in such a way that it has invalid parameters?

Using version 5.2 with VB.NET and have tried with several different servers ( Softing, Matrikon, the OPCLabs.KitEventServer)

Any ideas on what I am missing?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds