Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

File copy deployment without setup or installation

More
03 Jul 2019 10:06 #7481 by support
Thank you for the nice words.

Yes, the Application Deployment section is probably not written in an ideal way - the documentation may be more complicated than what you actually need to do. I made a note - we should probably make it clearer in the documentation.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2019 21:53 #7478 by fancybird
Hello ... hello ... thank you for the quick response. I really appreciate it.

Yes. I did go through the documentation several times. It was a little complex for my tiny brain. However, your response gave me the confidence to plow ahead, full force, brute force.

With just a few trials, we figured out all the indirect dependencies, based on the exceptions thrown.

We used the registry method for license key (since the embedded resource method is not available for older version). The application was compiled 32-bit. The target machines are 64-bit. We needed the registry only in the Wow6432Node section.

So far so good. Thank you for doing what you guys do. Thank you for creating QuickOPC. Thank you for making older versions available --- in our case VS2008. Thank you for making life easier for developers like us. Without any prior OPC AE programming experience, starting from scratch, it took us just a few hours to get something valuable out to solve real-world problems.

Without QuickOPC, it would be practically impossible. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

More
02 Jul 2019 16:48 #7476 by support
Hello.

In most cases, this is possible. But you need to consider things like license deployment etc. (we have though of that and have solution for it, too). Have you studied the Application Deployment section - opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...ml#Application_Deployment.html ?

If there is something that is not clear, let me know.

Best regards

More
02 Jul 2019 14:29 #7474 by fancybird
Hi ... is it possible to copy and paste all the dependencies and not have to run the installation on the target machines? I want to do "file copy" deployment. Just copy one folder. Paste it onto the target machine. And run the application. VS2008. .NET (not COM). Referencing OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassic. Thank you. Thank you.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds