Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

odd issue upgrading to opc 5.4

More
26 Nov 2016 01:28 #4598 by giles
Hi,

I *think* the issue will occur with update 3 of other editions of visual studio 2015 as well as community I'm not sure there is anything special about community

Obviously as I am using community I cant test with others but all the editions have an update 3 I think

msdn.microsoft.com/vs-knownissues/vs2015-update3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2016 10:50 #4595 by support
Thank you, and I apologize for no answering sooner.

It is interesting to know this, because what we are doing is that we use a special technique to "box" (embed) the C++ runtime libraries with out assemblies, so that the user does not have to install them separately. So, this should work behind the scenes, automatically.

This said, we do not actually support the Community edition of the Visual Studio.

So there are basically three possibilities:

a) We have made mistake somewhere, and are not "boxing" the right libraries with the product (I am particularly interested in the "Update 3" in the link you provided, we need to check the proper update number). But we test our product on fresh Windows systems so it is unlikely we would have missed this.

b) We are "boxing" the right libraries, but the process have failed somewhere (for this there are some diagnostics tools possible, but first I need to verify the "a)" above).

c) Everything is as designed, but the problem is limited to the Community edition, and the Community edition does something differently. In this case we probably won't have any solution for it (unless it is extremely easy to resolve).

Regards

More
24 Nov 2016 23:06 #4593 by giles
ok sorted

i had compiled the app with visual studio community 2015 and i needed to install this ..

www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53840

More
24 Nov 2016 13:38 #4592 by giles
I've upgraded my project (iis app) from .35 to .4) it all works on development system

however on target system when I make a new easydaclient I get

"The type initializer for 'OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient' threw an exception."

{"Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.amd64.DLL' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.\r\n+ It is possible that Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is not installed.":"App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.amd64.DLL"

the versions of the dlls are all .4

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds