Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Run time is over the limit

More
09 Feb 2017 12:23 #4945 by support
Replied by support on topic Run time is over the limit
I think I can feel some irony :-) ... Anyway, let me know if you need further help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2017 12:19 #4944 by MrASmidth
Thank you for your Patience :)

More
09 Feb 2017 11:45 #4943 by support
As before, this is all explained in the documentation. I strongly suggest you study before posting more questions to the topic.

In the Concepts document for version 5.35, chapter 11.2 Deployment Methods.

To your case specifically, you cannot just copy over the License Manager executable. Either use our installer (11.2.1 Manual Deployment), or make sure you do all the additional steps described under 11.2.2 Automated Deployment.

The reason why License Manager does not offer you any "Components" is missing Step 8. Quote:

8. Create an empty registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Licensing\QuickOPC 5.3

Regards

More
09 Feb 2017 11:03 #4942 by MrASmidth
Thank you for your fast answer.

I just copied the license Manager to the target machine. But there is no possibility to enter the licence? (see Picture)

What do i have to do next?

Gest regards
Alex
Attachments:

More
09 Feb 2017 09:47 #4941 by support
The license does not go with the EXE. You need to install the license on the target computer.

More details: The User's Guide (Concepts) describes the procedures.

Best regards

More
09 Feb 2017 08:35 #4940 by MrASmidth
Hello OPC-Labs Team,

i just ran again in this error.

The Situation:
I develop with visual Studio 2015 and opc 5.35.1173.1

The develoment machine is W7 and in the files you can see the license and the linked OpcLab files.

I create the exe and install it on another W7 machine.

I get the error

Run time is over the limit. The license you have (most likely trial version) does not provide valid data after certain time period expires. Note that after the component's process is simply restarted, valid data will be provided again. Obtain and install proper license to permanently resolve this error.

What can i do?

Greetings and thanks for your help

Alex
Attachments:

More
20 Jul 2016 10:53 #4249 by support
Thank you. It is weird, because version 5.23 actually did support Windows XP. I still suspect that you may have a License Manager from a newer version, or that it is somehow damaged.

Anyway, I have received your email with the purchase identification. I will reply to it with the necessary instructions.

Best regards

More
20 Jul 2016 09:37 #4248 by MrASmidth
1. Version: 5.23.2143.1

2. No ... as the actual version was not insatllable because .net 4.5 is not installable.

3. Sent by email

Greetings
Alex

More
20 Jul 2016 07:56 #4245 by support
Before we proceed:

1) Which version of QuickOPC are you trying to make run on Windows XP?

2) Is it possible that you have installed multiple QuickOPC versions on the target computer?

3) I could not identify your purchase using the email address you used to register with these forums. Identification is necessary in order to get access to the instructions for installing the license without License Manager. Please send me an email to sales09 (at) opclabs.com identifying the license you have (serial number, and/or other info such as date of purchase/official company name etc.).

Thank you

More
20 Jul 2016 07:08 #4241 by MrASmidth
Dear OPCLabs,

It's right, that XP is not more supported. But in protected internal networks you can find it quite often.

If you can give me the instructions to install License Manager i would be very glad.

Please let me know. B)

Best Regards
Alex

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds