Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Distributing Applications including the OPCLabs License

More
09 Jan 2016 10:31 #3738 by support
Hello.
I will send you the document by email.

Regarding the license issue - can you please answer the following:

1) Please post the specific error message or symptoms you are seeing.
2) Does the problem appear on one computer only, or have you tested more, and if so, what were the results?
3) Is there any computer on which the license works for you?
4) What kind of application you have (e.g. Windows Forms app, Web service, Windows service, Web app, etc.)
5) Is it 64-bit, or 32-bit system?
6) On the same computer, if you use the Demo app supplied with the product, do some operation that succeeds, that wait >30 minutes, what are the results?

Thank you, and best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2016 19:44 #3737 by lpoyner
We recently purchased a license at Hach Company and would also like to be able to silently apply license when deploying to customer machines.

Also, I am having issue enabling the license on a test machine. I have an OPC server simulating data and I installed our software, then Quick OPC 5.35, then ran License manager as per instructions, and then ran our application. It collects data only for 30 min. - what did I miss?

More
01 Sep 2015 15:59 #3536 by support
Thank you. Sending the document by email now.

• Alexander
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Sep 2015 14:26 #3534 by Alexander
We are from KILIAN Tableting Gmbh, in Cologne, Germany. I have sent you right now more details via the contact form.

Many Thanks

More
01 Sep 2015 12:33 #3533 by support
Yes, this can be done. We have a document that explains this, available to licensed users.

Due to the "generic" email address you have used to register with the site, I cannot currently identify you. Please use the Contact Form (www.opclabs.com/company/contact/form/3-contact-form ) to send some identifying piece (e.g. a serial number, or company name, date of purchase). I will then give you access to the document.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexander

• Alexander
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Sep 2015 12:23 #3532 by Alexander
Hello,

We have recently obtained QuickOPC licenses and integrated its libraries with our application. We run deployment and other tests at the moment.

When we deploy a version of our application we have to install and run the OPCLabs License Manager and install a runtime license for that target machine. We wish deploying our application from a single source automatically, including the OPCLabs license.

The question we have here is whether we can avoid installing and manually running the License Manager?
For example, whether there is a way to deploy the OPCLabs license file along with our deployment files layout, or similar.

Many Thanks
Alexander Fridman

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds