Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

(Cannot locate the EasyDAClient component)

More
19 Oct 2018 07:55 #6764 by support
Hello,

regarding the Toolbox in a Windows Forms app: Have you checked following two things, mentioned in the documentation? (opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...%20using%20Live%20Binding.html):

- make sure that the project targets .NET Framework 4.5.2 or later (when the project is already created, this is in Project Settings)
- "If the needed components do not show in the Toolbox, right-click in the Toolbox area, select “Choose Items…”, enter opclabs into the Filter box, check all boxes next to the displayed components, and press OK".

Regarding the Toolbox in WPF app: This is how it should look like, no problem there. The work in WPF starts by dragging the WPFLiveBinding to the designer area. For more info, see opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...Live%20Binding%20in%20WPF.html (for OPC UA, but is similar for OPC Classic as well).

Regarding the component instantiation from code: I do not quite understand what you mean by "cannot locate" or "~cannot access it". Please elaborate more on that, following the rules here: www.opclabs.com/forum/announcements12/2365-rules-for-forum-posts . In general, make sure you reference the right assembly first - OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassic that might be.

Re "I don’t believe we are licensed to use the Live Binding solution, and no other options are available.": The choices of components available in Toolbox or through the code does not depend on the license type. There is always a full choice. The license only differentiates how those component behave in runtime. It is true that Live Binding doe snot work in Standard Edition. If you need it, an edition upgrade can be purchased.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2018 07:42 #6763 by support
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2018 1:10 AM
To: Z.
Cc: J.
Subject: Easy OPC Inquiry

Hello,

I’m having an issue implementing your product into a .NET application following and wondering if you could assist.

We are using the QuickOPC Standard, Single Developer+Runtime Free License and have successfully integrated it with a COM application, however for .NET the steps in the getting started guide don’t seem to align with how my environment has been installed.

In a Windows Forms application, I have the following toolbox options available:

I cannot locate the required EasyDAClient component, nor can I access it through code directly as found through Google search.

For WPF, I only have the following options:

I don’t believe we are licensed to use the Live Binding solution, and no other options are available.

Could you please assist with getting this initial connection established?

Regards,
S.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds