Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

QuickOPC .NET : blocking issue on windows 7 x64

More
25 Aug 2015 15:49 #3510 by support
Unfortunately, this suffers from the "works on my machine" issue. I have tested (the recent build of QuickOPC 5.34) on a fresh Windows 7/64-bits machine, and EasyOpcNetDemo.exe runs fine there (and, I have verified that it is running in a 64-bit process).

The error you have mentioned usually has to do with missing prerequisites; namely, Visual C++ Redistributables. The setup program is, of course, supposed to install them for you. When you go to "Programs and Features" in the "Control Panel", do you see both of these?:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - 12.0.21005
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) - 12.0.21005

(please also compare the precise build numbers).

And, when have you downloaded the QuickOPC 5.34 setup? (OK if in recent 3 months)

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2015 12:17 #3509 by s-petit@hotmail.fr
Installation was made with setup "standard .NET installation"

More
25 Aug 2015 11:40 #3507 by support
Hello.

Was QuickOPC installed on the target computer using its own setup program, or have you followed the steps described in the "Application Deployment" section of the "Concepts" document, in case the installation program has not been used?

Thank you

More
25 Aug 2015 09:53 #3505 by s-petit@hotmail.fr
Hi,

I tried EasyOPC 5.34 on windows 7 64 bits an had an issue : unexpected exception occurs. I tried with demo application "EasyOpcNetDemo.exe" and had the same issue. (i just click on the "browser servers" button and after a few seconds, exception occurs)

If i start the demo project with VS in debug, i have a SEHException in App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.amd64.dll.

I tried to set project plateform to x86 instead of AnyCPU and the same test works fine.
Do you have any idea of what may cause this issue ?

Thanks.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds