Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Importing Type Libraries to Delphi

More
06 Mar 2018 17:52 #6112 by garysn
Okay, thanks for the information.

I just want to be sure that everything works as intended.
If this is the way QuickOPC handles this issue then I can live with this really small 'restriction' :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2018 17:52 #6111 by support
It was not the intent to support Delphi "visible components". QuickOPC provides general COM (and .NET) objects that are to be used from many tools and languages. Due to their diversity, there is sometimes a "friction" - as you have discovered.

Instantiating an object from the code is roughly line only, though.

Best regards

More
06 Mar 2018 17:45 #6110 by support
It was not the intent to support "visible components". QuickOPC does not target Delphi specifically; it provides generic COM (and .NET) components that work from any compatible tool or language. Due to diversity of these, there may be a "friction" - as you have described.

Instantiating the object from the code is roughly one line, though.

Regards

More
06 Mar 2018 16:42 #6109 by garysn
Hi, thanks for the fast reply.

No, there are no errors, that's right.

But there are also no new entries in the component palette.
Without these entries I cant't drag the 'visual' components of your OPC library on my Delphi form.

Instead I have to create them at runtime (which means a lot of additional workload).

Does QuickOPC support 'Visible components' in conjunction with Delphi?

More
06 Mar 2018 08:31 #6104 by support
Hello,

are these errors preventing you from going further? From what you have posted, it looks like that they are only warning comments in the generated code. If so, you can simply ignore them.

Best regards

More
05 Mar 2018 23:15 #6103 by garysn
Hi,

I'm just evaluating QuickOPC 2018.1 using Delphi XE2 and Delphi Seattle under Win 10 64 bit.

While following the instructions on

opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...20Libraries%20to%20Delphi.html

I run into the following problem:

When importing e.g. "OpcLabs BaseLib Core" Delphi is showing the following 71 error messages:

// Fehler beim Erzeugen von Palettenbitmap von (TStringListParsingError) : Server mscoree.dll enthält keine Symbole
// Fehler beim Erzeugen von Palettenbitmap von (TInfo) : Server mscoree.dll enthält keine Symbole
// ...

In English: Error creating palette bitmap of ...: Server mscoree.dll does not contain symbols

This happens in Delphi XE2 and Delphi Seattle. Any idea what's going wrong?

Thanks for your help
garysn

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds