Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Quick OPC UA bugs in new version for COM

More
22 Dec 2016 17:03 #4706 by jgyenese
Wow, that was fast.
Thank you!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2016 15:43 #4704 by support
This has been fixed in QuickOPC 2016.2 build 524.1 which is now the current downloadable from this site.

The Opc.Ua.Configuration assembly was missing from the Embedded Assemblies install component (which is installed with the Full install but not with the Express installs).

Best regards

More
20 Dec 2016 20:31 #4674 by jgyenese
I'm glad you were able to reproduce the problem. As a software developer, I know how difficult it is to fix issues that you cannot reproduce.

There is no urgency since the Express install is working fine.

Thank you,
Happy Holidays!!!

More
20 Dec 2016 20:23 #4673 by support
I have tested with the Custom installation -> Full installation as you have described. And yes, I was able to reproduce the problem.

Please give us some time to fix (now with the coming holiday season even a bit more), but stay assure that because it is reproducible, we will fix it. As you now have a workaround (the Express install), I believe you can continue with your work in the meantime.

And, I must thank you *very* much for finding the reproducible scenario. That is extremely helpful to us.

Best regards

More
20 Dec 2016 19:11 #4672 by jgyenese
I have done further testing and here are my findings...

I created two VM's for testing. One is Windows 7 x64 and the other is Windows 10 x64. Both are current with updates and have VB6 installed, but nothing else.

Installed QuickOPC (Custom Install/Full Installation) version 2106.2
COM version of UA crashes both machines.

Uninstalled QuickOPC (Full Installation) and installed QuickOPC (Express install for .NET and COM (native) development).
COM version of UA appears to work fine.
Installed Full Installation over .NET and COM version: crashes

It appears there is something wrong with the Custom Install/Full Installation routine that causes COM/UA to fail.

More
19 Dec 2016 19:38 #4667 by jgyenese
I am running 64-bit Windows 10 (all updates installed) US English in a VM. I had QuickOPC 5.40.315.1 installed and working fine. I uninstalled it and installed 2016.2 when the problems began.

I do have a couple of other OPC related tools installed, but they are single OCX files and never interfered with previous versions.

I will do some testing with a fresh VM and see if I can reproduce the issue and report back my findings.

More
19 Dec 2016 19:31 #4666 by support
Unfortunately, this works on our test machines (which are VMs that are mainly just base operating system with updates, and only the necessary tools - such as VB 6 in this case).

I therefore suspect it can be dependent on the system, or caused by some kind of conflict with other software. It kind of looks like that it might be loading an assembly different from the one we are shipping.

Can you please tell us your system version/edition/bitness/language and any other relevant into to it?

And, do you have some other OPC UA related software on that computer? Or anything else that can somehow be related?

Thank you

More
19 Dec 2016 19:31 #4665 by support
Unfortunately, this works on our test machines (which are VMs that are mainly just base operating system with updates, and only the necessary tools - such as VB 6 in this case).

I therefore suspect it can be dependent on the system, or caused by some kind of conflict with other software. It kind of looks like that it might be loading an assembly different from the one we are shipping.

Can you please tell us your system version/edition/bitness/language and any other relevant into to it?

And, do you have some other OPC UA related software on that computer? Or anything else that can somehow be related?

Thank you

More
19 Dec 2016 19:15 #4664 by jgyenese
The latest version of QuickOPC (2016.2) seems to have introduced some major bugs when using UA with COM. Almost any call to read or browse data crashes. The VB60 example program "UAReadAndDisplayValue" crashes with the attached error.jpg message. The DA versions of the example programs seem to work fine.
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds