Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Complex Data (Extension Object) handling in OPC UA

More
19 Sep 2018 10:52 #6687 by support
If the OPC UA Server describes the data type properly in its information model, QuickOPC has support for this, and will be able to decode/encode the structure.

More information:

www.opclabs.com/products/quickopc/extensions/opc-ua-complex-data

opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...omplex%20Data%20Extension.html

opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...ta%20-%20Read%20a%20value.html

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2018 10:44 #6686 by JaiPrakashShukla
I have a requirement to send PID loop function block information from OPC UA server to Client.
The information can be described as a C structure as follows:

struct PID_Block
{
int32 Setpoint;
int32 Output;
int32 PID_BlockStatus;
float P_gain;
float I_gain;
float D_gain;
}

My application requirement is that the Client should be able to read and understand this structure and its data types dynamically without special configuration or software change.
Client should initially understand the structure format and subsequently able to access the data atomically.
Is it possible to do this in OPC UA stack? How?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds