Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

licenses.licx

More
21 Feb 2018 07:44 #6068 by support
Replied by support on topic licenses.licx
Thank you.
There appears to be two related issues.

One is that you probably have multiple versions of the library listed in the error message. If you are referencing it in your project, remove the reference. If you are not referencing it, look for its copies on the computer and remove them, including GAC.

The other issue is that even in the presence of different versions, the licensing system should not get confused like this. This is probably an issue on our side that I will investigate. But I can only do so next week when I am back in the office.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2018 18:35 #6066 by bobday
Replied by bobday on topic licenses.licx
1. Windows Form
2. DAConnectivity
3. VS Professional 2017
4. for error mgs see attachment

Everytime I view the form design tab the licenses.licx file is recreated. I delete it and next visit to the form design tab it is re-created and get the error message again on build. I am stuck is this circle and lost for the solution.
Attachments:

More
20 Feb 2018 12:31 #6064 by support
Replied by support on topic licenses.licx
Hello,

Can you please answer the following?

1. What type of VS project are you creating?

2. Which of our components (class) are you using?

3. Version of Visual Studio?

4. What is the error message you are getting?

Thank you

More
19 Feb 2018 20:13 #6062 by bobday
licenses.licx was created by bobday
We recently purchased a license and every time we try to run a program in VS 2017 it gives an error message about a license file and we need to delete licenses.licx. It keeps recreating it every time we run the app.

How can we run more cleanly?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds