Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPC-UA Client: Exception on TCP/IP

More
30 Jan 2018 10:43 #5926 by support
The 2018.1 version (Beta) has currently the functionality differences described here: kb.opclabs.com/What%27s_new_in_QuickOPC_2018.1 . And, there is a supposed fix for a similar problem (hang) you had.

Your license should be OK. If it were installed but not OK, the error message would be different. But this error test indicates that no license is being "seen" by the component. Have you installed it on the target computer? Using License Manager, or by some other means?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2018 08:44 #5925 by Scattolaro
Sorry,
But the license that I have not covers it as well.
The application after half hour get me an exception on OPC comunication.
This below is the error:
Exception: OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.OperationModel.UAException: An OPC-UA operation failure with error code -1 (0xFFFFFFFF) occurred, originating from ''. The inner exception, of type 'OpcLabs.BaseLib.Licensing.LicensingException', contains details about the problem. ---> OpcLabs.BaseLib.Licensing.LicensingException: Run time is over the limit in license "Multipurpose". The license you have (most likely trial version) does not provide valid data after certain time period expires. Note that after the component's process is simply restarted, valid data will be provided again. Obtain and install proper license to permanently resolve this error.Component name: "QuickOPC", license IDs: "Multipurpose", version number: 552, release date: 01/02/2018, trial validity: 210 days, option name: "EasyUAClient". --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.Browse(IEasyUAClient client, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor, UABrowseParameters browseParameters) at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.BrowseObjects(IEasyUAClient client, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor) at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.BrowseObjects(IEasyUAClient client, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor) at com.qualitas.communication.OpcChannel.Open()(An OPC-UA operation failure with error code -1 (0xFFFFFFFF) occurred, originating from ''. The inner exception, of type 'OpcLabs.BaseLib.Licensing.LicensingException', contains details about the problem.)Trace: at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.Browse(IEasyUAClient client, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor, UABrowseParameters browseParameters) at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.BrowseObjects(IEasyUAClient client, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor) at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.BrowseObjects(IEasyUAClient client, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor) at com.qualitas.communication.OpcChannel.Open()

Can I help me?
What is it the different between the OPC labs version that I have before?

More
18 Jan 2018 15:23 #5878 by support
You can use it but it is more risky than with released versions (has not gone through final testing).
Your license covers it as well.

I expect the release be during the coming February.

Best regards

More
18 Jan 2018 13:18 #5877 by Scattolaro
Hi,
I try the new release and it seems work better.
When unplagged the cable it doesn't freeze.

Can I use this version of dll on my application? Or is it neccesary wait for a official release?
Can I use my old licence?

Thanks

More
16 Jan 2018 07:11 #5873 by support
I know I have already referred you to a newer version, but in fact we have made yet another fix that was for an issue very similar to yours. The fix is currently only available in the "alpha" version of upcoming QuickOPC 2018.1 version. I will send you a private link to download it, to the email you have used to register with these forums. I would appreciate if you can give it a try.

Best regards

More
15 Jan 2018 07:45 #5865 by Scattolaro
Exactly

More
15 Jan 2018 06:27 #5864 by support
Please just clarify before I respond in full: The problem is not in the error itself, but in the fact that the application hangs.

Is that correct?

More
12 Jan 2018 15:00 #5858 by Scattolaro
I try to update the QuickOPC to 2017.2 but the error persist.

then I try to debug step by step my application:
when fault the TCP/IP(unplug cable) connection from my application and OPC UA Server (that is in another PC) the EasyUAClient istance are freezing. If I try to call a method of object it lock my program.

So I try to use the EasyOPC-UA Demo Application and there is the same error:
I try to read and subscribe a node-id on my OPC-UA Server and it works fine.
After I unplug cable TCP/IP and retry to read the same node-id and it freeze the application(see the attachment).

Can you help me please?
Attachments:

More
22 Dec 2017 16:07 #5759 by support
You need to re-build your application with the new assemblies. And, although we try to avoid that, there may be some slight API changes. For list of versions and the changes in them, see kb.opclabs.com/Versions . Click on the links under "Key Changes - What's New" to see the details.

Beware of the .NET Runtime requirements: QuickOPC 5.35. ran under .NET Framework 4.5 to 4.6, while the minimum for QuickOPC 2017.2 is .NET Framework 4.5.2.

If the new version resolves the issue and you are not covered by the maintenance agreement (which gives you title to new versions free of charge), we will provide you with a discount on the version upgrade.

Best regards

More
22 Dec 2017 15:16 #5758 by Scattolaro
Hello,
How can I do to upgrade the QuickOPC? Is it only necessary to update the dll in my Visual Studio project?

Best regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds