Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPC UA and Java

More
11 Jun 2017 05:22 #5227 by support
Replied by support on topic OPC UA and Java
Unfortunately I do not have enough information/knowledge to recommend OPC servers for specific technologies.

I think somebody misunderstood something about Prosys. What I have suggested is that that they have OPC UA *client* toolkit for Java. Therefore it is possible to connect to any compliant OPC UA server to it, including Siemens. They "do not support Siemens", that's right, because the client side is agnostic of the actual technology.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2017 22:41 #5226 by samber41
Replied by samber41 on topic OPC UA and Java
Thanks a lot for the reply.

Can you suggest me which OPC UA server is best for the Siemens S7 300 PLC.

And then the OPC UA client which i will programmed in java on my own.

And i also ask Prosys and they told me that there OPC ua products doesn't support Siemens products, so this option is not available.

With best regards

Saurabh

More
10 Jun 2017 18:23 #5224 by support
Replied by support on topic OPC UA and Java
You need to purchase an OPC UA server for S7. That has nothing to do with programming language.
You then need to develop a custom OPC UA client. If that has to be in Java, you can use open source Java OPC UA stack (Google for it; the "main" one from OPC Foundation is on Github), or commercial toolkit (hint: Prosys).

Our company has OPC UA client toolkits but they are mainly for .NET and COM. In theory they could be used from Java with some kind of wrapper, but we cannot help with that, and you will probably be better off using a library that's written in Java from scratch.

Best regards

More
10 Jun 2017 13:44 #5223 by samber41
OPC UA and Java was created by samber41
Hello all

I am working on a project.

We have one landfill site in germany and from there we have to measure the methane gas concentration through gas valve and for now the data is collected by s7 300 plc.

I have to take data from S7 300 PLC and transfer this data to OPC UA server which support java , can you please tell me which OPC UA SERVER will be best to use for this above application and also cheap in cost.

And how can i communicate S7 300 PLC with OPC UA SERVER.

Then i have to programmed the OPC UA CLIENT IN JAVA so please if you have the code of java OPC UA client , please share with me

with best regards

Saurabh

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds